What do you do after the guest check out ??

What do you do after the guest check out ??

Hello i had a difficulty to get review from guest after they check out and et 5 star reviews, that's make me hard to get superhost cause the review is quite low, may i get some suggestion and flow about what host should do after guest check out. Really need help here .

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tendi-and-Bukit-Vista0  I'm not sure what you mean. There's nothing to do after check-out that would lead a guest to leave a better review. It's what happens during the stay that affects the review. If a guest feels they have reason to leave a less than 5* review, there's not much you can do about that. 

You have 321 reviews, and while I didn't read through all of them, the ones I did make it apparent that your guests are quite pleased. I did see that one bad review, but it's an outlier, so most future guests will dismiss it as the other reviews paint quite a different picture. 

Don't get too hung up on being Superhost- it's really not a big deal. More of a carrot Airbnb dangles- behavior modification tool to keep hosts jumping around trying to please even the most demanding and rude of guests. Hosts who have had Superhost and lost it say it didn't make any difference to their bookings. Ratings don't really matter, unless they are really low- what matters is that you have satisfied guests and that you get bookings.

Some hosts do try to educate guests in various ways as to how the star ratings are applied to hosts- many guests think that a 4* rating is fine and they simply don't know that Airbnb considers it a "fail" for hosts.

Try doing a search on this site for threads that deal with star ratings and educating guests. Some hosts really oppose it and think t's a bad idea that can backfire, others do it with good results.

Hi @Tendi-and-Bukit-Vista0 I would properly fix the roof (several complaints even after it was said to be fixed) and also either fix the air-conditioning to stop it failing during the night or warn people in the listing that it can fail due to local power cuts (if that is the issue)

Hello @Mike-And-Jane0 thank you for your advise, thats really helpful. I would definitely will fix the roof and other things that need to fix to make the next guest  have better stay. Do you have any tips for me when your guest check out and are you usually meet them or just send a message to say goodbye ? 🙂

Hello @Sarah977 Thank you for your advise and feedback, i tried my best to host the guest during the stay and so being the superhost do you thing is the same with not a superhost ? either with the booking and visibility when the guest search and house on airbnb ?

Jaimie-and-Todd0
Level 2
Seneca Falls, NY

After we inspect a property after a check out and everything is in order, we message the guest  and say.  "We hope you enjoyed your stay.  Thank you for respecting out house and leaving it clean.  we look forward to leaving you a great / excellent review."  We feel this helps a lot with setting the expectation of a good review on both sides.  

JonandAngie0
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

Yes, I have seen guests complain and ask for money after they check-out. And some even said that they will leave me a bad review if I did not refund them 'something' as a gesture  of goodwill. 

Reviews are tricky, All I can control is that my place is perfect, and I have pictures, documentation and witnesses before a checkout. If I am in the clear, I have nothing to worry about.

My basic rule is; if they did not burn my place down, I will send them a thank you note 🙂