What do you provide for longer stay guests?

Rich2489
Level 2
Portland, OR

What do you provide for longer stay guests?

Hello, we just recently opened up our self-contained Airbnb. We've only had guests who've stayed for 2 or 3 nights so far. We recently had someone book for two weeks and we're not sure what we should offer for cleaning, linens, etc. We do leave extra towels and sheets but don't want them to have to have a pile of dirty ones sitting around. What do others offer and how do you arrange access to the space to pickup dirty towels/sheets, empty garbage...?

18 Replies 18
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ohh keep us posted @Rich2489 !

P.S you can make sure a host sees your response by using the @ symbol followed by their username 🙂

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Jennifer1421  @Trevor243 , @Maia29 , @Beth80, @mark116 , @Cathie19 , @larry339  Our guest arrives tomorrow and I decided to offer garbage removal plus towel and sheet changes although I left extras in the room. I appreciate all the good ideas!

@Jennifer1421  @Trevor243 , @Maia29 , @Beth80, @mark116 , @Cathie19 , @larry339 

@Rich2489 , offer in person, but back the conversation up via the Airbnb message board.

If they were to complain about using towels for too long or something, ( prepare for worst, but don’t expect it) you have proof of linen change. 🙌🏼💐

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I've never considered a 2 week stay to be "longer term" because with my location and the reason guests come here (beach town and most guests fly here internationally, they are coming for a vacation) a great many of the stays are 10 days-2 weeks (which is my max stay, although if I didn't have another booking right away, I'd let a nice guest extend).

I never clean during a guest stay, or enter their space (private bedroom and bath in my home) and offer clean sheets and towels after a week, altho guests are told to ask if for some reason they need more. I offer to remake the bed, but all guests have said they are fine with doing it themselves, which tells me they like their privacy. If a guest stays 10 days, I'll offer the linen and towel change after 5 days. 2 bath towels, a hand towel and washcloth is what they get. There is a broom and dustpan and some cleaning supplies in the guest bathroom if they want to clean anything during their stay, but that's up to them. I know a lot of them do sweep, because there ends up being so much sand when they come back from the beach and it's not nice to walk around on with bare feet.