What does Report this user mean?

Denise-And-Mark0
Level 2
Moffat Beach, Australia

What does Report this user mean?

When checking someone's profile - what does report this user mean?

26 Replies 26

@Cp1 In the first instance where someone was contacting you to advertise a service, yes, flag the user since this is against Airbnb's Terms of Service. 

In the second instance, since it was an Inquiry about other dates, I would answer the question and then decline.  I believe there is a option to check that the guest was asking about other dates.  This is not unusual.  I had one the other day.  I just told the guest when the dates she would like would be available with a polite note that I was declining because she wasn't really wanting the dates in the Inquiry.  Sending a Pre-Approval just confuses the issue. 

You can decline Inquiries without being penalized by Airbnb.  This happens all the time for one reason or another.  Declining too many Reservation Requests, on the other hand, could get you into trouble if you decline an excessive number.  

Hope this clears things up.  🙂

I had someone request a booking and I decided to not book the home after season any longer. So i declined the dates.

Even his first message said he wanted to see the house beforehand because he knows this is all a scam???

His facebook was connected to the message and he was not verified and judging by his facebook and others i did not feel safe renting to him, even if i would be renting the home any longer.

He then started harassing me and calling me a scammer etc. etc (i do have reviews)

I just reported him. He sounded like a crazy person

@Susan407

If you do not intend to rent your place anymore, you should delist or at least block your calendar.  I belive the person who requested is disappointed as leaving dates open when they are not is kind of misleading.

Those date were already blocked. He put in a different time frame asking for dates that were blocked. I do update my calendar because i would understand someone being irritated about that. But he requested different dates from his request date. He immediately accused me of being a scammer before i had even answered his request.

Does airbnb tell the user who reported them? I just did my first listing and some guy inquired with very odd requests. I messaged him and politely said I have to decline his request because I'm not comfortable hosting him and then he proceeded to 

Msg me and say things like: that wasn't very nice, do you want to play a game? And look at the time (which was 9:11). So now I am a bit weirded out. And not sure this is safe

Report it and contact Airbnb directly on Twitter @AirbnbHelp

Message them privately to ask about what you should do in case of belated threats.  Don't wait!

Here is the link:  https://twitter.com/AirbnbHelp?lang=en

No need for contacting Air on Twitter with this @MK2 The report button will suffice and there @Christina238 can block the person.

When somebody reports a user, Air will ( of course) automatically get prompted to take action.

You can BLOCK the user forever under the report button. That would suffice and he wont be able to contact or book with you again.

@Christian65 Well, yes and no.  What the report this user does is alert Trust and Safety to an issue.  This team will investigate and take the appropriate action which may or may not affect the user depending on the results of their investigation.  It is not a guarantee that the user will be permanently blocked from Airbnb. 

@Clare0

The reporting of the user will initiate an investigation and if the user is abusive or inapropriate or violating terms, Air can kick him out but needless to say nobody can predict the outcome. 

We are talking about two things. The (new) block option under report this user will allow US to block people from booking and communicating between us. We can block the person specifically  - regardless of what Air choses to do with the profile in general.

MaryLou24
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

If a guests breaks multiple house rules, is that when you report a user?