What does "Private living room" really mean?

Faron1
Level 2
Praia, Cape Verde

What does "Private living room" really mean?

I am creating 2 new listings for private rooms in the same apartment.  Each room has its own on-suite bathroom, and its own lockable door to the living room and kitchen.  My intention is for the living room and kitchen to be shared space.  Under the section "What spaces can guests use," the first option is to tick off "Private living room." My issue is that I want guests to be able to SHARE the living room with myself and/or any other guests that may have rented the other room.  I do not want guests to get the impression that "Private" means that only they get access to the living room, to the exclusion of other guests and myself.  

I would appreciate some guidance regarding whether or not I should tick this box, considering my intent.  Regardless, I will spell out my intentions clearly in the discription.  I just don't want to confuse anyone.  

Thanks for the help,

Faron

6 Replies 6
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Faron1 I suggest you google the definition of Private.  What you are describing is not private. It's shared.  Don't tick the box.

Where is this defined by Airbnb?   Google University is not an authority here.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Faron1, no you should not tick 'Private living room' - this would most definitely be misleading to guests.

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Faron1 🙂

If you tick of "private living room" guests will expect that it is private and only for them to use. So don't tick it of. Why don't you just write that guests are welcome to use the shared living room or somerthing like that in the text. 

Faron1
Level 2
Praia, Cape Verde

Thanks a lot.  I understand the concept now.  

Prive living room meaning

to pay car parking or not thanks

Joseph Muscat

j.64.muscat@gmail.com