What fees do Airbnb charge our guests

What fees do Airbnb charge our guests

Hi Everyone

We have hosting now on airbnb for six months and very sucessfully too 🙂 - but it has recently come to light that all guests are charged a fee when booking calculated on the rental rate advertised by the host. However the booking fee is described as being between 6 - 12%. How is this determined because it would be useful to know sometimes if you are pitching a special offer to match a maximum budget for a interested guest.

Many thanks

Ian

4 Replies 4
Paola4
Level 10
Rome, Italy

I agree with Ian.Sometimes guests ask " which is the price for the period?"  and I don't know what to say because as Host I don't know the final price with the Airbnb fee.I believe that it would be really helpful and  transparent for Airbnb to show us this information.It will also help us as Ian says when doing some offer.

Thanks for think it over 😉

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Hi @Ian4 and @Paola4

One very easy way that a host can find the total price that a guest would be charged for any given dates/reservation at your place, is to simpy go to your listing page, and enter the dates that the guest wants to stay, as if you were the guest who wanted to stay at your own place.  You can do this by going to the URL of your listing, or go to "manage listing" and then click on the right side of upper black bar where it says "view" to go to your listing view as guests see it.  THen, enter the dates that the guest wants to stay at your place.  It will show you the price breakdown and the total price the guest would pay.  

Thanks Deborah! I've been trying to figure out the percentage for a long time! It was there all along and I didn't know it!

Thx @Deborah0... so simple, so smart!