What gives you a bump in search? Anyone know?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

What gives you a bump in search? Anyone know?

I have been trying to figure this out for a few years now. Maybe someone knows.

What "bumps" your listing in search? Even as a superhost, there are times when I can't see my listing for available dates if I log out of my account. Does getting a good review bump you? Refreshing photos? Changing your listing factors to something Airbnb likes (instant book for example)?

16 Replies 16
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

What I used to find was that when I was fully booked, I'd slide further and further down. I guess because noone needs to see it. As calendar started thinning, I'd go up again. One booking would often lead straight away to another, and another. In minutes sometimes. This was a recurring and definite pattern for me. If I declined, I'd slide down a few spots. I used to tweak and move photos, make days on calendar available and unavailable just to be as active as poss in case it would help. Had to turn on instant booking as I went from number one to invisible(heavy tourism spot, innumerable listings in tiny area) .

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

I would say all of you are right.

More clicks on the listing = higher position.

So, if you accept families, pets, one-night booking, if your calendar is open 6 or months in advance, if you didn't set max nights and you have a lot of nights available then you will be high bc you will be shown in more searches, and more people will click on your listing.

But..., I also noticed if my setting is everything but above and if I do absolutely nothing (no tweaking or price changes) my listing will show on the first page maybe every 2 weeks or so, and I will get a few inquiries on the same day. Then the inquiries will stop the next day and it will be silent again. So, it seems all listings are constantly rotating from the first page to the last and back.

What I also noticed is that lowering the price for 5€ or more for certain available nights usually helps.