What happened to the Price Calculator on the Calendar?

Answered!
Gary287
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

What happened to the Price Calculator on the Calendar?

There used to be a calculator on the calendar that would simulate dates, and exact fees that guests would pay for their stay and I cannot find it anymore? Does anyone know where it went? The only way I can now simulate a guest stay is to preview my listing. 

It used to show all of the fees broken down, as well as the payout. 

1 Best Answer
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Gary287 and @Emiel1,

I just checked with the product team about the price calculator and you will be glad to hear it is still available. You can find it when you adjust or set your price. 

image (2).png

Hopefully this looks familiar to you. When you click to enter the price, the calculator will pop up. If you want the full simulator, just click on 'Show details' and it will appear. 

I hope this helps and you can now continue to use the feature. 🙂

Let me know how you get on if you can.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

View Best Answer in original post

20 Replies 20
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Gary287 

About a week ago it suddenly disappeared.

Very annoying, as it was a great feature to do calculations.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I just checked with the product team about the price calculator and you will be glad to hear it is still available. You can find it when you adjust or set your price. 

image (2).png

Hopefully this looks familiar to you. When you click to enter the price, the calculator will pop up. If you want the full simulator, just click on 'Show details' and it will appear. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Yes it is! Thank you for responding, this is a very helpful tool. 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Lizzie 

I use the website (not the app) and i do not see the pricecalculator. Is it only available now on the app ?

Would like to see it back on the website also.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Lizzie 

Ok, now i finally discovered where it is hidden for me on the website !

I am on "Smart Pricing", so first i have to disable "Smart Pricing", then simulate i want to change my nightly price and THEN the calculator shows up !

Please, please  Airbnb, bring back the simple link "price calculator" on the same spot and stop tormeting us.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Glad you found it @Emiel1 and thanks for the feedback, I'll pass this over to the product team. 

Speak to you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

I tried this and it did not work for me. Why disable such a useful tool. Please bring it back

@Lizzie wrote:

image (2).png

Thanks,

Lizzie

That suitcase and tag option do not show on my page in the app, just the slider setting. I find the host app difficult to navigate from a business perspective. it would be nice to have a “host tools” section with price calculator, promotions, earnings YTD, earnings compared to same moth last year, expected income for future months where we have bookings

Linda1438
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Open Price calculator is gone again. I disabled Smart Pricing and that still didn't bring it back. Airbnb, please bring it back. It helps us help you make more money!

Midori20
Level 1
Woluwe-St.-Lambert, Belgium

I spent so much time trying to find the good old Price Calculator before I found this thread of posts. Yap, it's gone. Please give it back to us!!! I understand if this is some technical problem on AirBNB website or there is a tactical reason behind this disappearance of a very useful feature....

Inge361
Level 1
Spa, Belgium

I agree it is a big loss to take away this tool

it is a huge avantage versus competition so please put it back 

the option changing a price to see guest price and payout is lot really visible and does not have the break out either so not really helpful...

hope to find it back quickly to continue giving advantage to Airbnb ...

Justin1209
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

This went again a few weeks ago and has not been resolved yet. Raised it with Airbnb. Please get it resolved soonest. Thank you. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Linda1438 @Midori20 @Inge361 @Gary287 @Justin1209 

Dear All - IT NEVER WENT AWAY - HOORAY

What did happen is that Airbnb hid it so well that I keep forgetting how to find it.

Anyway:

Go into the monthly view of your calendar

Highlight a few days where you want to see guest charges vs host payout

Now for the hard bit:

Click on the price per night box on the right hand side

The prices/payouts will now magically appear.

Let me know if you find it or if this only works in certain countries.

Shaun67
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Yes this works on both App and website, but its extremely hidden