What if you get a good review, but only 3 stars

Shane-and-Kristen0
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

What if you get a good review, but only 3 stars

I have a new lisiting, and have had 3 review so far.  All of which are really positive.  We do have one of the better locations, remodeled houses, so its one of the nice house, but since its a new listing, the first month we discounted the rate to nearly half of what we could have charged compared to similar homes

Not to mention we let this guest book with 12 hours notice to check in.

We got a 3 star overall rating

and 3 stars on value.

Is there a way to contest that?

4 Replies 4
Sarah-and-Alex0
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

I don't believe guests can change their reviews after the fact.  We started hosting pretty recently, and we often ask people as they're checking out if there is anything we could change, and knowing that we've recently started hosting seems to make people feel more comfortable giving us feedback, and perhaps be more generous with their reviews.  Generally, maintaining friendly communication from before they arrive to after they leave seems to help encourage good reviews.  I also happen to think offering a complimentary bottle of water, nice linens, and good handsoap makes a difference.  🙂  Best of luck!

*Edit: I didn't mean to imply that you didn't have lovely linens or handsoap, that was more a general for-the -community thought.  🙂 

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Stars are subjective. Just the way it is.

David
Nelson4
Level 4
Sagres, Portugal

contest?

no... its the opinion from the guests, we cant change that.