What is 'checkpoint' status?

Helen0
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

What is 'checkpoint' status?

Did anyone get an answer to their queries about what 'checkpoint' means against a pending reservation? It's not listed or explained anywhere on the Help pages.

I have a guest who wants to book but I can't either accept his enquiry or pre-approve him because the dates are blocked in my calendar. They are blocked by that guest's pending reservation! On the calendar it says pending verification, but his profile says he is fully verified.

What can I do to resolve this circular problem? Needless to say, there seems to be no way of referring it to Airbnb, all the email and phone numbers seems to have disappeared and my last several enquiries, sent over the last few months, have all gone un-answered, so I am not exactly hopeful that they will spot the problem and sort it out for me!

It's getting a bit ridiculous that you can't even contact Airbnb to make a booking 😞 

Anyone have any advice?

Helen

24 Replies 24
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Helen0 Based on a somewhat similar (though not exactly) situation with my own listing a few weeks ago, my guess would be that the booker's previously submitted payment method hada problem (expired credit card, lapsed PayPal account, and so on). Until the booker an alternate payment method, the dates will remain blocked for (I think) up to 48 hours. I found this incredibly annoying, as this was a near-term booking and it was increasingly unlikely that I'd receive any additional requests after the dates opened up.

I don't think there's anything you can do other than complain after the fact to AirBnB.

Here are some ways to Contact Airbnb!

It can be resolved by the guest https://airbnbase.com/checkpoint/

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same issue and I have no idea what it means to even begin to resolve it...

Claudia333
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

This is the first time I see this checkpoint status, I can't either pre approved or approve it.

is this is a new type of status I have been looking for definition but no clue 

Christiane67
Level 3
Hamburg, Germany

I just had the same thing happening to me and I'm also annoyed, now the dates are blocked, going by the date of the first post, this had be going for 2 years already!!

Aiza1
Level 2
Quezon City, Philippines

Checkpoint means that the guest has a pending ID verification request, however, Airbnb has accepted his payment already, thus blocking the reserved dates. It will usually get resolved in about 12 hours - the time period for ID verification, with you doing nothing but just waiting it out.

Verifications can be expedited though when the guest informs Airbnb that he has made a booking and his status is on "Checkpoint". This is what I did when I requested a callback from Airbnb and they instructed that I tell the guest to request a call back as well. My issue got resolved in less than an hour.

Diana425
Level 2
Fort Worth, TX

I have a guest who has already stayed at another person's listing, so they are not new to Airbnb and should already be confirmed or verified. Their reservation with me has been in limbo since 7am this morning because of this bullcorn. We have both been trying to resolve it all day long. What a debacle.  

Hank9
Level 3
Portland, ME

I am glad to see that this is a situation already noticed and bounced to AirBnB. I will also bounce a complaint to Corporate!

@Hank9 how did you contact corporate? Can you send a link?

Frank105
Level 2
Metzingen, Germany

This problem still exists, haven't received a reservation request but my calender is blocked.

Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

So frustrating. I declined this person twice due to suspicious conversation. I believe Airbnb booted them for wanting to pay cash, and now they have a new profile and are holding my calendar hostage for 12 hours (tomorrow is check in date) for verification checkpoint. This is nonsense. 

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salut @Helen0

Also, you could see this conversation, if it is possible : 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/What-is-checkpoint-status/m-p/95424#M29210 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Aki42
Level 1
Taiwan

Just happened to me, too. Airbnb "helpfully" tells that, "We are working to resolve a few details about this request in the next . These dates will be held for this guest until then."

The guest claims to have waited for "days" but nothing has happened. I only noticed the booking attempt when he messaged me asking what is happening.

Noemie4
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

I have the same problem.

It says the booking was made "2 days ago" but hots hasn't changed since the guest attemp[ted to book... more like 4 days.

He is fully verified, AirBnB asked him to delete his profile and create a new one to book again, but he wouldn't. We're stuck and I can't find a way to report this.