What is the best time of the year to visit your city ? :)

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

What is the best time of the year to visit your city ? :)

IMPORTANT: February - March is winter in Zagreb , I'm not busy hosting and I don't like cold...  so, I am curious what your city / area offers at that time of the year?  🙂

The best time to visit Zagreb is from Jun - October...... and then again in December .

FROM JUNE TO OCTOBER there are numerous street festivals , open air concerts, fairs and events on the streets and parks in the city center . And of course, city is full of cafes and restaurants with open terraces where people enjoy dinking, eating and hang up with friends. It is a lifestyle here 🙂 To get a better picture of what is going on , you can visit infozagreb dot hr/events  , the official web site.

DECEMBER - Advent in Zagreb begins at December 2nd and lasts until January 7th. For 2 years in a row it is the best destination for this time of the year according to Lonely planet.  The whole city center is illuminated , decorated and smells of hot wine, fine pastry and hot dogs. It's really a great Christmas vibe. One of most beautiful parks in the city center  become ice skate park, you can drive arround in Christmas tram and train  , listen concerts on different locations or shop presents at several Chistmas markets. (Average temperature at this time of the year is arround +5 C ) 

Preparations have already begun 2 weeks ago and the grand opening, when all lighs will be lit, is at December 2nd. To get a better picture of what is going on , you can visit adventzagreb dot com - the official Zagreb tourist website. So, hurry up, we still have few available days for you on the perfect location 🙂

18 Replies 18

@Branka-and-Silvia0, Feb - Mar is also winter here in San Francisco, but we never get very cold weather. (We also don't get very hot weather either, but that is another topic.)

We don't really have a best season to visit because the reasons people visit San Francisco happen all year round: mild weather, great restaurants, shopping, interesting culture, Chinatown, Cable Cars, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Wharf, etc.

The things that mainly affect our hotel occupancy is how free people are to travel (meaning summer is busier because there are more people traveling, as opposed to there being more interesting things going on).

Zagreb sounds like a terrific place to visit!

I think the closest I have been to Zagreb is Vienna or Venice (whichever is closer).

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Palm Springs/ Coachella Valley/ Joshua Tree National Park - 

lets start with the weather in Feb-March 75 degrees every day(that should be enough).

Desert Hiking trails, The two highest peaks in all of California with an aerial tram to the top. 

A National Park with amazing hiking and photo opportunities.

Paribas Tennis tournament featuring all the big names in professional tennis.

Pappy and Harriet’s Joshua Tree music venue.

unmatched designer outlet shopping.

Miracle Hot Springs spas that feature therapeutic mineral water for soaking and healing.

Open air Jeep tours of the desert.

Pioneer Town old western city.

Smaller music festivals, not including the Coachella Music fest, Stage Coach country music fest, or the jam packed LGBT weeks. 

Eco tours including renewable energy solar and windmills

5 star dining options 

and you can chill by my pool....

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Matthew285 Oh yes....  I would like to drive once through all those fameous hillside streets 🙂 It must be great to live at such great climate without cold winters and to hot summers

@Rene-and-Zac0  Your location seems wonderfull for all nature lovers, there are so many national parks arround your place 🙂

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Branka-and-Silvia0, if you ever do travel to San Francisco, please let us know.

We would love to help make your visit special (and inexpensive).

Thank you @Matthew285 we will 🙂 It seems you are in the city center... I'm just curious,  what is the name of SF main square?

@Branka-and-Silvia0, it is funny, but our city is not so much built around terrific town squares like great European cities.

I guess many people like to shop around Union Square, but it is not the same thing as a proper town square.

Union Square has many famous shops around it, but it is not a center of civic life, like a real town square.

Well @Matthew285 you can't have it all  🙂

If you ever decide to come to Zagreb, let us know, we are just few minutes easy walk through the city center to the main square 🙂

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Branka-and-Silvia0 Anytime is a nice time 😉

but... April & September still have lovely weather but avoid some of the busy $$$ times (march: festivals, school holidays, may: many graduations, June: wedding season, July: summer holiday-ers & HOT, August: HOT & all the last minute holiday-ers, October: more festivals, November: fall wedding season, December: holidays, January/February: slow season, colder weather)

Our hot is nothing to trifle with but our winter is VERY mild compared to many places, we’re just spoiled. We have great town squares but they’re probably smaller than what you’re used to. Things are more spread out here. 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Hello~ from Seoul 🙂 

In my opinion, the best time to visit Seoul is either late Apr~Jun or mid Sep~ early Nov. We have hot & humid summers and cold & windy winters so although there are still lots of things to do all year round, if visitors want to spend a reasonable amount of time actively out and about, then late Apr~Jun or mid Sep~ early Nov is best - especially if you like hiking! 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

What does my area offer in February/March? Here you go, @Branka-and-Silvia0: Silent black sky full of stars, bare trees, owls and coyotes, crunchy snow, river ice, crackling campfire.

If I wasn't worried about accuracy in my description, I would add that you will barely notice the cold 🙂

You have made me want to visit Zagreb!

Dear @Lawrene0 I acctually experienced winter in Canada from February till April and -36 C for almost 2 months. It was very interesting experience for me but I have no wish to repeat it again 😄 😄 😄

My second stupid decision in life has been to visit Greece in July 😄 . Now I am a bit wiser and check the weather forecast before going somewhere hehe

Oh, I know. Ridiculous weather in this country. At least at 36 below there are no mosquitoes. You were very brave, @Branka-and-Silvia0. Was it Winnipeg or Whitehorse or something? Doesn't sound like Toronto.

What is strange is that my biggest month last year, per my stats, was February. Freezing weather impairs guest decision-making? And even so there were those price tips telling me to offer deep discounts. 🙂  

@Lawrene0 I visited my friend near Otawa and been at Montreal, Qubeck, Niagara falls.... It was very cold winter and a lot of snow. I shoveled more snow in those 2 months then in my entire life before 😄 The bad thing is - I am not into winter acitivities. The good thing is - many people are ...and they keep you busy 🙂 

Oh, I'll never forget this experience 🙂