What is the definition of “investigations” regarding reviews and\or responses?

Elizabeth10
Level 10
Fort Wayne, IN

What is the definition of “investigations” regarding reviews and\or responses?

Per Content policy :  "content that refers to the details of an Airbnb investigation"

Is AirBnb investigating the same as anything that involves the resolution center? (if so why don’t they say "Resolution" too?).  There policies are really ambiguous!

I see posts where you can’t mention anything regarding  the resolution center (open and closed) and\or you can’t respond to reviews with OPEN investigation.  Which is correct as the policy leaves it open to multiple interpretations.

Per the dictionary:  Investigation - the ACTION of INVESTIGATING something or someone; formal or systematic examination or research

To me INVESTIGATING means it is in process.  So if closed, it can be mentioned? (Example>  Revenge and retaliation review due to a claim for partial refund was denied and upheld due to due to 1) cancellation and refund policies, 2) the guest count coming and going from the home not matching the claim during the reservation period, 3) and photos of items used during the stay photographed immediately after checkout.  )

Also, my definition assumption is if a guest submits a claim thru the resolution center, and if the host agrees, it is not "investigated"?  Its only if they ESCALATE it after 72 hours.  In that case, there is no “investigation” ???

I will be submitting another question with more details about this reservation regading the review not meeting content policy (not to mention legal issues!!!).  I have sent the complaint to customer service.

PS. Don't beat me up about my review, I thought it better to factually document occurences chronologically but without warning it  cut off after I submitted the full acount.   This is in oppositoin to the review not based on actual experience, facts, etc.  Opps, said i wouldn't get into this in this thread ...

Regards, Beth

0 Replies 0