What is the question, "would you host this guest again" question all about?

Nancy22
Level 4
Quintana Roo, Mexico

What is the question, "would you host this guest again" question all about?

Hello Everyone. 

I just recently reviewed a guest and it's the first time I actually said "NO" to the last question- "would you host this guest again". Apparently the answer only Airbnb sees. I thought it might allow me to elaborate a bit, but it doesn't. I felt a bit guilty clicking that box, but even worse when I could not leave a reason. 

The guest was nice, and I left her a nice review, but I don't think my property was suitable to her, even if she thought it was. I felt I was constantly defending all/any issues that came up- which were frequent. Felt I was always on my guard- don't want that, but otherwise, I am sure she'd be liked by just about everyone, including me.  

So what is that question for? Are they checking to see if the reviews match that checked box?  Because if they are, it's very unfair. 

Insight anyone? 

32 Replies 32

Hi Susan 

I don't do instant book. 

I always make the rules re: party etc. clear, and wait for reponse , before I accept a guest.

Hi 

I had a horrendous experience with a female guest a while back. Major hygeine issues (had to replace all my bed linen) , complaints from fellow guests and next door neighbour re noise, a total nightmare.

I said no to the question "would you host again" .

I subsequently looked at her reviews from hosts and didn't see mine.

The cynic n me say Airbnb deliberately didn't post it for fear of a libel case....

Any thoughts ? 

That is very fair and I will save this, as it is right on point. 

"Mary was very expressive on a daily basis, about her concerns, questions and issues during her stay.  Most guests do not require as much attention on our part.  I hope our multiple responses and interventions met her satisfaction, but I would not host Mary again". 

The Johnsons
John5689
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Hi 

I had a horrendous experience with a female guest a while back. Major hygeine issues (had to replace all my bed linen) , complaints from fellow guests and next door neighbour re noise, a total nightmare.

I said no to the question "would you host again" .

I subsequently looked at her reviews from hosts and didn't see mine.

The cynic n me say Airbnb deliberately didn't post it for fear of a libel case....

Any thoughts ?