What is the "travel booker" setting

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

What is the "travel booker" setting

Dear Airbnb and hosts. I am in a  very awkward situation. A host in my town is suspecting that I have hacked of blocked her listing some time back. Her calender was blocked up to 2021 and she could not receive any bookings. She has accused ME of this blocking because our business name showed up as her so called "booking agent" on her profile page.  I am attaching a pictures of this in the comments. I see it also appearing like that on my own profile. What is this settting or function  exactly and how did my company name ended up there? I also see that this setting can be disabled. Airbnb help centre has not been very helpfull on this. It caused her now to suspect me and it would like to set things right. We do have a google account for our business and we rent out cars. It is also pinned on goolge maps and I have added it to my guidebook, but certainly not as a travel booker! I do not know how the busines name landed as this travel booker or even what a travel booker is. 

I realy hope that someone can shed some light on this for us.

Thank you in advance

8 Replies 8
MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

travel booker.jpeg

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@MicheleandLouw0

Travel bookers I believe are those who may book from an airbnb business account.  

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @MicheleandLouw0 ,

it means you have a an Airbnb business account, giving the ability to make reservations for your employees.

Is this person one of your (former) employees ? (i don't think so, reading your post)

But if she is a host with a listing, there is no way you can edit her listing, unless you are (also) her co-host.

Are you mentioned in her listing as her co-host ?

Some more to read:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1108/how-do-i-sign-up-my-company-to-airbnb-for-work

Hope this helps,

Emiel

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

No I am not her co-host. And yes I am registered to book for our employees. But I still do not understand that my business is showing up on her page as a travel booker. This gave her the impression that I can control her calendar and bookings. 

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

@Emiel1 thank you for replying but no she is not a former employee either. 

MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

I really need to understand why my company name appeared on another host’s profile as a travel booker and by this causing suspicion. The calendar blocking could have been for my other reason but now  this has become a huge issue for the other host 

@MicheleandLouw0 there is a way to look at the "Activity" for a listing, which is a time-stamped log of every change made to a listing or its calendar (and by whom).

(Airbnb support sometimes looks at this.)

Hosts can see it also if they have a co-host. (On the co-host page, there is a link in a box labelled "See listing activity")

It might be worth it for this person to temporarily add a co-host (someone who is *not* you). That will give them access to the Activity log and they can see who changed the calendar and when.

@Matthew285Thank you very much. The other host is not approachable at all but I might send her a polite emal explaining to her to contact airbnb to try and find out who changed her calender. Unfortunately she has already told a lot of people that is was my doing and that is now irreversable.