What is this level thing? Are we Pokemons now?

Maria0
Level 1
West Kensington, London, UK

What is this level thing? Are we Pokemons now?

Well, this is certainly different and quite impersonal... What is this Level thing? Are we back at primary school? Being labelled superhosts or now with numbers? The superhost status is ridiculous too. 

65 Replies 65

Hi Gus! I photographed your place. You see your level right under your name here in this forum. I will be in LA for the conference. Will you be there? I was wondering if any other SLO peeps would be there.

Michelle196
Level 2
California, US

Just last night I just watched episode 1 season 3 (entitled "Nosedive") of "Black Mirror" on NetFlix, and this totally reminds me of it. Watch it, and I'm sure you will see the connection. I normally like most things Airbnb, but I don't think I like this particular thing.

Michelle,

I just noticed your reference to "Black Mirror"...weird...I posted the same thing just yesterday.  Creepy but true.  "Nosedive" as well as "Fifteen Million Merits" are both somwhat on target.

See ya at the wedding!

Cheers, 

Mark. 

Ariel10
Level 3
Orlando, FL

Thanks for all the information posted here. 

Kim963
Level 2
Reno, NV

Hi, Just posting to see what my 'level' is.  Didn't even know this existed until looking for Superhost info.  I am a VRBO Premier Partner, 90% of my bookings come through VRBO www.vrbo.com/24751.  I am on both sites however Airbnb clearly has a slim chance to get my bookings so likely I will never be able to be a Superhost because of that.  Anyway, I sent a message to Airbnb suggesting that they consider making VRBO Premier Partners Superhosts, similar to how Airlines will make high ranking flyers on other airlines a high status on theirs in order to get their business.  Yeah well, still waiting for a response from Airbnb.  Have been hosting on VRBO since 2002 in Los Gatos, CA.  Kim

@Kim963 I have tried to list my property on VRBO two months ago. I have not had luck. There were several inquiries to my listing but more than 80% were scammers with inquiries to see if they can pay me in check outside of VRBO. I would think that they will sent me a fake check with $20000 and ask me to refund the rest.

Would you please share your successful stories so that we can learn from you?

Hi Mike- Thanks for your follow on post.  Quite honestly, I think it is my long time history on VRBO that makes my listing what it is and the status that it is.  Again, have been on VRBO since 2002 and was the first property in Los Gatos.  Oh man, have things changed since then with regard to the short term/vacation rental market.  I would happily take a peak at your listing and provide constructive criticism if you want?  Are you on VRBO now or no?  If you are please give me your listing #.  If only Airbnb, give me your property descriction and location and I will find it.  Hell, maybe I should consult on how to do this **bleep** since I have been doing it for so long, lol 😉  And yes, I have had the scammers too on VRBO - I immediately tell them that they have to do the booking through VRBO (funny, as for the first 10 years I did everything direct with a rental agreement and payment by Cashiers check).  Kim

Kim963
Level 2
Reno, NV

Hi Mike- Thanks for your follow on post.  Quite honestly, I think it is my long time history on VRBO that makes my listing what it is and the status that it is.  Again, have been on VRBO since 2002 and was the first property in Los Gatos.  Oh man, have things changed since then with regard to the short term/vacation rental market.  I would happily take a peak at your listing and provide constructive criticism if you want?  Are you on VRBO now or no?  If you are please give me your listing #.  If only Airbnb, give me your property descriction and location and I will find it.  Hell, maybe I should consult on how to do this **bleep** since I have been doing it for so long, lol 😉  And yes, I have had the scammers too on VRBO - I immediately tell them that they have to do the booking through VRBO (funny, as for the first 10 years I did everything direct with a rental agreement and payment by Cashiers check).  Kim

Cash2
Level 2
Denver, CO

Also not a fan of the levels. ...but does this get me to the next one since I'm posing...er, posting?!  It did!

Stephen-and-Ivan0
Level 2
Halfmoon Bay, CA

Beyond silly this level thing , we have been Superhosts for many years and with Airbnb for 7 years and we are still Level 1 lol lol !!

@Stephen-and-Ivan0 the levels on this forum have literally nothing to do with anyone's listings. You can go up the levels if you are active on this forum which again is in no way connected to your listing. 

Bart16
Level 1
Bruges, Belgium

No clue what level I have 🙂 

SimonandNeeltje0
Level 2
Ammanford, GB

Just checking our level as I never heard of this before and we are hosting quite some years now :s

@SimonandNeeltje0  Did you read the answers on this thread? The levels here on the forum have nothing whatsoever to do with how long you've been hosting, whether you are a Superhost, what your rating is for your listing, or anything to do with your listing or hosting. They don't show up anywhere on your hosting account. They are nothing. They only reflect your activity on this forum- how often you post and how many thumbs-up your posts get. There are no perks to being level 10.

@Sarah977 haha, does anyone ever read? Threads like this will go on for pages and pages and still, no one will have their answers.