What is this level thing? Are we Pokemons now?

Maria0
Level 1
West Kensington, London, UK

What is this level thing? Are we Pokemons now?

Well, this is certainly different and quite impersonal... What is this Level thing? Are we back at primary school? Being labelled superhosts or now with numbers? The superhost status is ridiculous too. 

65 Replies 65
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Hi @Maria0 

welcome to the club of indignated victims of statisticians gone crazy. Please shout out to @Jonny and @Marjo0 to make your voice heard. 

As for last information, there is a "well thought" program behind the scenes which will count all your activity. Everyone starts with 1, even senior staff, and then raises in grade with every posting or getting liked or whatever, possibly in relation to number of overall posters. 

We don't know how high you may raise, in my bubbleshooter I went up to 19 before getting bored. 

When you stop posting, you fall back down. That's the same in the bubble shooter, get killed and start all over. As this is boring, they recently offered me to buy entrance levels - we are not at that point yet here but maybe that's a future business idea ?

(This remark is cynism, not a proposition)

Hey Helga and Maria, usw.....

Would love to share a boutielle de vin in Montmartre and discuss this one sometime! If you like this idea you will absolutely LOVE the great sci-fi piece Black Mirror on Netflix.  Take a look at episodes "Fifteen Million Merits" and ESPECIALLY "Nosedive" (Season 3 Episode 1).  See ya at the wedding!

Cheers!

But I'm in the business of Hosting not Posting to the Airbnb Blog...  Hopewfully just being a Level 2 doesn't count against me?

I never really gave levels much thought. 

To this point, the upside is our ranking as hosts is not impacted by how active we are here. 

Hi, 

How do we find what level super host we are?

well.. just from this post I can see I am level 1 but is there a way of seeing this on my dashboard? 

@Alisha46 the levels have nothing to do with Airbnb. They have to do with your participation on this forum. Start contributing more and more and you will go up in levels.  

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Hi @Maria0

I don't like the levels either -- see what I (and Helga) wrote about it on CC's post:

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/quot-Levels-quot/m-p/1023#U1023

Helga has a lot of very good comments and feedback! 

Thank you for explaining the levels....full tilt boogie hosting several properties in a touristic destination  and never posted because I am too freaking busy with same day check ins and check outs for 3 properties full almost constantly and doing the work myself... I was actually trying to find out if I could negate an instant booking without penalty.....25 years in tourism serving guests some of us are just 2's ahahahah.

Hi Donna,

You can cancel 3 Instant bookings per year without penalty, just tell them its a double booking on a different website.  This will not show up as a cancelled booking.  They will cancel it for free so to speak.

Graeme thank you thank you thank you... you are the man!  I really appreciate that you took the time to write .....wishing you strength and sucess. 

Yet, if a host is a Superhost and cancels (without a valid reason) he/she risks loosing the superhost status.

Hey there you can actually cancel more than 3 instant book if the guest makes you feel uncomfortable or states something that is against your rules before the arrival.  It is in their policy for instant book hosts that you can cancel unlimited for these reasons.