What is weekend rate?

Valerie283
Level 3
Katoomba, Australia

What is weekend rate?

When we say weekend rate, do we refer to Fridays and Saturdays or Saturdays and Sundays?

Some hosts increase the rate on the weekends and public holidays, do they start from the eve or right on the day?

7 Replies 7
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Fridays and Saturdays

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Valerie283

Usually the nights between Friday and Saturday and between Saturday and Sunday.  On a Sunday week-enders would need to return home to be ready for work Monday morning.  Sunday evening the business travellers are often back to be ready for their Monday morning tasks.

The relevance of week-end pricing would depend on what you offer.  Is your place a popular week-end retreat that can take increased week-end prices in competition with other hosts ? Or is it a longer term holiday destination with considerable seasonal fluctuations ? Or a one night stopover sort of place ?

@Marit-Anne0  When I look at weekend pricing for my listing, weekend is defined as only Friday and Saturday.  Is it different for you?

@Linda108

No, Friday would be the night between Friday and Saturday and Saturday would be the night between Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for the question.

We're still learning about setting up the listing. Somehow we stumbled on the rule setting.  We set the rule up and called it "weekend".  Then we clicked on one Saturday.  We could remember the steps wrongly.  Later on we found all the Fridays and Saturdays selected though we thought it should be Saturdays and Sundays. How did it know that when we called it "weekend" it meant Fridays and Saturdays.  We are now not too sure what step we did though.

So if we want a different rate for public holidays, should we set it on the eve of the public holidays or on the very days?

We tested it yesterday.  We also found that turning on the smart pricing seems to restoring the rate to its pre-set minimum if the rate had been manually set.  We're still not too sure.  It is very confusing.  There is no guide.  To the programmer, that might be self-explanatory but they are not.  They are busy people but they forget we're busy people too.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I've also had a problem with weekend pricing. I've tried adding it several times, but even though the weekend price shows in the pricing settings, Smartpricing seems to ignore it and not apply it to the weekends on the calendar. Eventually I just gave up on it.

Any tips on how to get it to work?

We suspect weekend pricing and smart pricing cannot coexist. The latter seems to override all others except the minimum price. We have take the smart pricing off. We don't think smart pricing really help.