What is your Booking Rate? (Poll)

What is your Booking Rate? (Poll)

Hello! We are relatively new to AirBnB, and we don't know what a normal Booking Rate is.

We can only see our own, so if you are willing to share your Booking Rate, maybe we can all gain some insight!

We are in San Francisco, and ours has varied from 0.6% to 1.1% over the last few weeks.

76 Replies 76

@Dimitar27  On my "Views" page, it has the Booking rate above the graph. But I believe things can appear differently on the platform in different areas of the world. Having a 78% booking rate would be highly unusual, as it is the number of bookings you get compared to the number of views. It would mean that 78% of the people who simply viewed your listing ended up booking it. 78% of the people who actually contacted you having gone on to book sounds quite reasonable, but I can't find any such figures on my hosting pages. 

Got it! Web and App versions are different.

It's 4% booking rate for the last 30 days. (Percentage of guest, who book after viewing...)

78% is "The number of bookings divided by the number of distinct visitors who contacted the host"

@Dimitar27  Ah, that explains it. I've never used the app. But doesn't it seem strange that they wouldn't have the same platform features on the app as the desktop version? It does to me, anyway.

After the last update, they are different. Not very different, but enough, for a noob like me to get lost between the digits.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

1.3%, however there's an asterisk there. My weekdays are intentionally priced too high over market because I'm just fine with only booking weekends. Weekends are my bread and butter when I can charge 40% more than the going rate for weekdays. My weekends are always booked. My weekdays usually go unbooked. I'm just trying to earn a little bit of extra income. A 50% occupancy rate works just fine for me.

Asha34
Level 2
Farnborough, United Kingdom

3.7% 

Audrey-and-Renaud0
Level 2
Saint-Cannat, France

2.4%, but my listing is less than 30 days.

Dheeraj5
Level 2
Rishikesh, India

2.4% for a 2 month old listing

Mike1964
Level 2
Boise, ID

I've been on market for just about a month now. Currently at 4.8%

Michele1265
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Guys, relax. The booking rate is not as relevant or as telling, it's a simple metric that tells the number of people that have booked out of the entire universe that looked at the listing. A large chunk of that universe would have never qualified as a prospective guest to begin with. With that said, mine is 1.3% but if would to take my targeted audience, the guests I'm actually targeting, it would probably be in the mid double digits.

Pablo1095
Level 2
México D.F., Mexico

I have a Booking rate of 5.3%.. I was surprised since I couldn't find a higher listing. I've had 38 views in the past 30 days and 2 new bookings. The thing is that for some reason I've hosted very long stays, and it usually gets booked fast. So I guess Airbnb doesn't show a lot my listing since it's usually booked for months, and when it's finally available they show it for a while and then it gets booked again for months. I'll keep track on how the number goes up & down, I honestly hadn't paid much attention to it. I've been hosting only for a year this December. 

0.8%

Monica1863
Level 2
Eureka, CA

We've been moving between 0.9 & 1.5, it seems low comparably, but we're booked solid through the next 3 months.

Lilit23
Level 1
Yerevan, Armenia

0.5%, 0.6%, 1.1%, 1.7%, for last 4 months 

Hi! I just started with my property. We had 3% but now it is 0.3%. In the period June - September as of now we have booked everything except last week in June, 2 days in July, 3 days in August and we have booked 10 days in September.

I will let you know how this will change as we will be getting (hopefully 🙂 ), positive reviews (currently we have only 1).