What's on your pre-check-in checklist?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's on your pre-check-in checklist?

Checklist.jpg

Hello everyone,

When you're preparing for your guests there's lots to think about. From ensuring you've cleaned every nook and cranny to checking there's enough toilet roll, it's easy to forget things! If you're anything like me you like keeping on top of things with a list.  

Do you have a checklist you follow when preparing for your next guests? If so what's on it?

It will be great to compare lists!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

158 Replies 158
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Rachel367 

Pooches can be a handful! I'd be interested to see a picture of your welcome board, sounds great! Also, a big picture of your profile picture dogs but that is the lowest priority 😉

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie0 how do I post a picture here?

No dogs for me, ever. Mine would freak out!

Penelope9
Level 2
Avalon Beach, Australia

I drink a cup of espresso and race in and do turnover in 30 min

theres an outdoor bathroom that takes the most time as I have to bleach and wipe down every surface 

The 4 stages are 

strip

clean

restock

style 

i keep guest linen stacked up in a special shelf in my cupboard with lightbulbs spare keys and supplies to just grab and distribute 

my best tip after doing this a long time before air Bnb came about and to sell properties is :

take photos of every area and room when finished and later that day at work I study the photos to make sure it looks perfect 

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Lizzie

Usually, I have a place in my closet, in which i put the guest things like soap, shampoo, towels, pillowcases, linens.....and other things. 

When i first time started hosting, i wrote them in a paper but now i used on them and to remmeber more i also go to the closet, bedrooms, bathroom to see if i forgot something.  

Thanks, 

Miloud

David6334
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

I made a detailed checklist for me and my cleaning staff what to do step by step before check in and also we have a maintenance check list for check out.

I also have a welcome paper with al the useful informations (gmaps link, phone numbers, wifi, how to use what, resto and useful spots around, etc...)

Richard1893
Level 2
Klipgat, ZA

We are new.  What should be on our checklist?  

Thank you.

Bobbie57
Level 2
Culloden, GA

I’m getting ready to begin Airbnb and host for the very first time and all of your suggestions were so helpful, thank you. 🥰Please send me any additional helpful tips! I’ve got the first time hosting jitters!😅