What's the Cleaning fees for? Can we have separate short and long stay fees?

Anjalina0
Level 3
Mirik, India

What's the Cleaning fees for? Can we have separate short and long stay fees?

Am I right to understand that Airbnb doesn't have the option of putting in separate cleaning fees for short stays and long stays? I want to have a lesser amount for short stays as I have seen that longer stays leave me more work and sometimes even replace certain essentials, whereas short stays do not necessarily.

Also, I want to understand if I am obliged to have their rooms cleaned every day if I put in the cleaning fee. What does the guest understand the cleaning fee as before booking when they see the listing? I want to have the fee mostly to cover the cleaning I have to do after they leave. Does that sound reasonable?

I guess then I'll be able to even zero down to a reasonable rate when I know what the cleaning fee entitles.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2
Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Anjalina0   I have never seen an option to have different cleaning fees for short and long term stays ( so I think you are right! It does not exist). As a host and a guest of Airbnb I look at the cleaning fee as that one time fee for at the end of the stay. I do not think people would expect the host to be coming in daily to clean. I do not have a cleaning fee on my listing, just to keep competitive with the market and other listings in my area. I found it easier to slightly increase my nightly price rather than have a cleaning fee and technically that fee is just built into my pricing. 🙂 

Thanks so much @Kaylee18 , I think I got some peace knowing that they don't expect me to clean every day 🙂