What's your greatest love?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What's your greatest love?

20160721_SeasonalQ2_Carla_Portland_Elliott_1897 copy.jpg

Love is in the air!

Rather than focussing on people coupling up, we thought it would be great for everyone to share the "love of their life." This could be the pursuit of education, desire to travel the world or the focus of protecting and conserving the environment. I'm not saying this discounts your significant over but... mine wouldn't dare ask me to pick between him and the dog!

So CCer's... What's your greatest love?

This may end up being a guilty pleasure post but I think on today of all days, those can be forgiven!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

26 Replies 26
Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Stephanie 

Denzel. 

My sons are ok too. Mostly. 😉

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Washington?

That's the thing with family, eh @Susan17 ? You put up with them but if anyone were to cross them, you'd fight tooth and nail for 'em.

-----

@Stephanie 

Who else? There's only one Denzel, Steph! 😉

As for the sons - ah, I do kinda like them a little bit more than I let on! And god help anyone who ever tries to hurt them - they'll have to come through me first! 😉

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Susan17 

who? me??who? me??

-----

@Susan17  I knew there was a reason I liked you.  Denzel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Stephanie @Susan17  and @everyone-else

There's simply far too many choices.

I'm loving been able to go swimming again, and seem to love having accidents 😉

I love visiting the animals at Cornwall Park, Auckland as well as in my own wee garden to see the joy that our Animal Kingdom and nature provide us. 

I often wonder what they are thinking and saying to each other as when they see us, I'm sure they love visitors!

I love seeing a smile on another person's face as well as my own.

Motorcycle road racing. 😬   Controversial and dangerous. some people want it banned.  But it's been my scene for 40 years all over Europe. Specially the Isle of Man TT.

Greyhounds. We rehome ex racers. Controversial again 😬

The real love of my life is motorbikes.   😬

But I'd still put my greyhounds first.❤

I'd really not like to be in the shoes of someone who made me choose between the two. 

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Kevin1322There will always be someone who finds something controversial .... it's the world we live in ....

I've never learnt to ride a motorbike .... it's on my bucket list .... I actually sold up and moved to the Isle of Wight 3 years ago with the aim of "semi-retirement" and doing all the things I've never had the time, freedom or money to do .... that included learning to ride a bike .... but the lure of business took over and I'm working harder than I've ever worked in my life .... I'll get round to it one day ....

I don't have the "need for speed" though .... I did a motor racing experience at Brands Hatch some years ago .... while everyone else was racing round, I just trundled round like I was out for a Sunday drive .....

Isle of Wight - it has to be a vintage Scooter, eh!

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Last year, my partner gave me the ultimatum - did I want to share the bed with her or with my dog - that's a no brainer, so me and my dog moved downstairs to the sofa bed. My (now) ex partner moved out.

My dog, a little Patterdale Terrier, is definitely my greatest love.

Second place goes to chocolate.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Oh another dog person!! YES @Trevor243 !!! Pics please!

-----

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephanieBuster, 12yo Labrador and Mini, 8yo Patterdale Terrier. That is their manky old sofa - Buster loves it. As you can see, they love each other. And yes, I'm one of those crazy people who wraps loads of pressies for them for birthdays and Christmas. They had so much fun on Christmas day - I let them make loads of mess and then I spend ages clearing it all up. Totally worth it though!

IMG_9260.JPGTPSK8798.JPGIMG_9369.JPGIMG_9424a.jpg

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You will not be called crazy for any dog related behaviour on this forum @Trevor243 . 

My pup was part lab, such a similar soft face and he, too, was a master of ripping open Christmas presents. We wouldn't be without them!

Thanks

-----

Love it Trevor! I too make presents for them, and celebrate their birthday parties 😂