What should I do?

Susan54
Level 1
Mount Eliza, Australia

What should I do?

What happens if someone Instant Books -pays and then doesn't turn up or respond to calls or sms?
5 Replies 5
Kynan0
Level 2
Surfers Paradise, Australia

Keep the money and say "well that was an easy one, no cleaning!"
Tracey5
Level 1
Mount Martha, Australia

Hi Susan - similar situation just happened to us - our guests arrived, stayed a few nights, but have just announced they need to leave early due to work reasons. Nothing wrong with the accommodation. What do we do ? Offer a partial refund ?

Hi @Tracey5,

When was the guest scheduled to check out?  Your listing has a moderate cancellation policy meaning you could have the guest cancel and they would get 50% refund for anytime left 24 hours after he/she cancels.  You would not have to do anyting for refunding the guest as Airbnb does this when they cancel.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Dave - thanks for the quick reply - the guests are due to leave this Wednesday, but informed us yesterday that the need to leave on Monday instead (due to work reasons). Regards, Tracey.

@Tracey5,

They would still need to cancel in order to get a refund.  Make sure you do not cancel for them as there are severe penalties when hosts cancel.  If you are willing to let them out of the agreed cancellation policy, you could alter the dates and price to a new checkout date.

This is covered in one of my Help Guides: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Change-Price-Number-of-Guests-Check-in-or-Check-out-...

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host