What should you include in your listing title?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What should you include in your listing title?

Listing title.jpg

Hello everyone,

Along with the main photo, the title of your listing is the first thing that guests see when searching for somewhere to stay. It’s therefore really important to make sure it puts your home in the best light and attracts guests to click on it and find out more!

What do you think should be included in the listing title? Many listings have similar titles that include the type of property and where it’s close to e.g. Charming studio close to city center, how can you make yours stand out? Feel free to share your listing title and explain why you chose it!

Looking forward to seeing your tips!

Thanks,

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

83 Replies 83
Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

I love to name my place. Even it was a house, my title is "Hidden Space" as it was well hidden 🙂  

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Nutth0

Good to see you around :-). 

Your place is a real gem and it looks so peaceful. Are you the only one in your area that uses the title 'Hidden Space'? 

-----

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Yes, Other hosts nearby didn't usee this title or name their property.  

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Quincy, I"m thinking  the title is critical..............I've learned IF we create a title "name" for our listing it will appear on google searches and more.  That is if we use Google Chrome or such.....

Example: Magical Jewel Cottage in a terrific location  - 

if someone reads my listing they will understand why magical - massage therapy spa in the bedroom 15 yrs in this place--  so the walls are filled with peace, relaxation and just a magical feel. One of my guests said it was a "jewel of a cottage" and I loved that and used it as well. I studied all I could before publishing my listing AND all I learned said that :

Regarding the Title - do NOT waste words, description is important, Adjectives describing, Amenity, extra stuff that folks want, or need. 

DO NOT PUT CLEAN, it is expected - also do not put the location city in the title - seems people know where they are searching - and it a waste of the words.

Imagine what people want when traveling, vacationing and give them some of that.

There are formulas  - of course, 50 letters Maximum

here's one formula

Adjective + Descripton amenity + Extra

examples: 

Peaceful, 2 BDR., great location

Romantic, priv. room with  en suite, priv entrance

Spacious, 3 bdrm, near beaches

Stunning, Romantic, cozy, peaceful, homey, secluded, tiny, underground

Tent, cottage, priv room, yurt, parking (imp. for some places), entire home, bungalow

That's just some ideas - I love brainstorming and that's what it takes - I'd be happy to help anyone that wants a new title for their listing..... 

And remember first 5 photos should all be different for the collages on laptops - some folks don't even know about this. Also, write something under each photo - help people know your place and start to love it before they book it.

You have (they say) 8 seconds to grab the guests - so your title and photos are super IMPORTANT. 

Happy Hosting, Clara

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Don't agree with your location point, @Clara116, certainly not for the London market. While I appreciate zip codes aren't a big deal over there for you, post codes are  hugely important for our domestic market who travel to London and seek out certain areas via this method.

One size doesn't fit all! 

@Gordon0 sure, if the area like places in London you seek out certain areas, so CORRECT you are one size doesn't fit all - I stand corrected on that aspect for sure!  

I'm confused with not stating the location in the title. Isn't that how ppl search? Curious because I have to use "15 min to" or "12 mi from" the town that is nearby and I use a lot of my characters for that? Please inform if guests do not need the name of town in the title for it to come up. Thanks 

Casita-By-The-Texas-Bay0
Level 10
Texas, United States

We are listed as "Casita By The Texas Bay -Waterfront!"

I think the word casita explains is a whole house you are renting, but not to expect a mansion, it is a casita (little house) -cozy...we are located very close to South Padre Island, Texas, but NOT on the Island but on the Bay, so I wanted this to be understood as many people prefer direct access to the beach...the place is waterfront and the peace of the water can be enjoyed from every window in the house and of course the Texas bay is part of the backyard : )

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

As I am in a village where we all have more or less a similar location and guests with a similar aim, most places are evocative of a feel and style to grab people. Secret Forest, Apple Cottage, Walnut Cottage, Home among the Gumtrees, Permie Love Shack, Foxmere, One Bee, Cottage Green, Ruby Mint, Tree Tops, on and on. Over 300 of them in a village of 3000 inhabitants. And me, Queensberry Pip.

Then there is the odd one out, such as the cryptic ''groups families couples Daylesford Hepburn Springs''. Covering all bases, and none? A few using the specifics of location instead of a name: Stunning Views is one. And yes, the name is apt.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

One of my listings "Saturdays" Where Dreams do come True

Rosina21
Level 1
Perth, Australia

My place is right next to the beach however I didn't want to be cliche with my listing. I wanted to invited people to stay at my "beachside retreat" without using those words. 

A bit of brainstorming and I came up with "Runaway to the beach" . To me it evokes something indulgent, something we all want to do at some time,  to escape to somewhere. I provided the solution to a problem that most of them didn't realise they had, until they saw my place.  

Kim418
Level 8
Tasmania, Australia

Hello all,

I chose Moonah Magic!

I live in Moonah (Tasmania) and this was the buy line for the real estate add that made me go and have a look at it. I actually said to my boyfriend "let's go buy a house". 

I added the exclamation mark just because I love them. I didn't think it needed any more explanation. I made this by painting chalkboard paint on a canvas and have it hanging in the porch.

Moonah is just an ordinary suberb of Hobart, but when you know your way to all the multicultural eateries it really is quite special 

IMG_20190110_125830.jpg

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, this looks amazing @Kim418

Very informative :-). What do you include in your listing title? 

-----

Kim418
Level 8
Tasmania, Australia

Hi Quincy,

I deleted my previous wording when I noticed a few guests only gave me four stars for my accuracy.

As I try to make it personal, I have now written a verbal decription of what they will see/experience from when they enter the property and walk through the premises.

I have noticed a significant increase in bookings...March bookings are now equal to February which is a great result.

Elena672
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

Beware .Airbnb punished me for my title and gave a refund to a lying, cheating guest .even though I clearly stayed in my title Entire studio+private bath.      

This cheater of a guest asked for $ back and Airbnb took his side/position

Believe it. It can happen to you