What should you include in your listing title?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What should you include in your listing title?

Listing title.jpg

Hello everyone,

Along with the main photo, the title of your listing is the first thing that guests see when searching for somewhere to stay. It’s therefore really important to make sure it puts your home in the best light and attracts guests to click on it and find out more!

What do you think should be included in the listing title? Many listings have similar titles that include the type of property and where it’s close to e.g. Charming studio close to city center, how can you make yours stand out? Feel free to share your listing title and explain why you chose it!

Looking forward to seeing your tips!

Thanks,

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

83 Replies 83
Martha374
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi, my property is on the beach in a renown location, should i mention "beach front" and the town name in my title?

Since it is a popular destination there is lots of listings in there, but only few  in front of the ocean. 

Also,  when ou type the name of the destination on the Airbnb search bar, it shows listings in other far locations in reference to the searched one, some even 1 hour away. This is why is though it was important to put the location on the title.

What do you think  

I would definetely mention BEACHFRONT in the title as many people like to be righ by the water

Martha374
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Hi, my property is on the beach in a renown location, should i mention "beach front" and the town name in my title?

Since it is a popular destination there is lots of listings in there, but only few  in front of the ocean. 

Also,  when you type the name of the destination on the Airbnb search bar, it shows listings in other far locations in reference to the searched one, some even 1 hour away.

This is why is though it was important to put the location on the title.

What do you think ? 

Ken318
Level 2
Riverside, CA

Just for fun, I made a word clould from the text of all the reviews for my place to see how my title corresponds to the reviews. I don't know if this is the best or even helpful method, but interestingly my current title is "Peaceful Cozy Cabin with View of Lake Arrowhead", which is pretty consistent with the top relevant words (no, I am not going to put my name in the title!). I suppose I could replace peaceful with beautiful to even be more consistent. Word Cloud of Airbnb ReviewsWord Cloud of Airbnb Reviews

Lauralyn1
Level 2
Bend, OR

Not so Tiny Tiny home. Gets them every time. We built a park model Tiny home and we get people to stay with us just to expereince a Tiny home. 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Experience A 'Traditional' Airbnb Before We All Go The Way Of The Dinosaur - Includes Caring On-Site Super Hosts Who Lovingly Manage This Charming Coastal Rental (We'll Explain What A Super Host Is When You Get Here - Its Okay, None Of Our Other 145 Guests To Date Have Known What A Super Host Is Either!)

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Rebecca181 

Perhaps sew a massive 'S' to your clothes?

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Or, even better: Airbnb could promote Super Hosts in the way that we deserve. Including on the website's home landing place. Maybe even above 'Experiences'.

Michelle1164
Level 10
Clearwater, KS

Our listing title is a play on words. We live in Kansas. Our property has a creek running through the back yard and everyone always tells us how peaceful it is here. Currently the title reads, Relax & Enjoy A “Peace of Oz.” Have also used, A “Peace of Oz” on Spring Creek. Throughout the listing I tie in several Wizard of Oz reference as well. If guests are familiar with the movie they will get the suttle tints in the room decore too. There is no place home and we want our guests to feel as if they are at home when they are here. If anyone has other suggestions I welcome them. 

“It’s not where you go, it’s who you meet along the way.” Wizard of Oz