What sights do you recommend to your guests?

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What sights do you recommend to your guests?

Sights in your area 2.png

Hi all,

The airbnb hosting community is spread across 190 countries and 34,000 cities - that's a lot of different places with things to see and do!

I would love to hear what you recommend to your guests to do in your area - maybe it's to go and visit the beautiful waterfall just around the corner, or the oldest church in the country down the road. Maybe it's to take a walk around the woods to see what wildlife they can find or to go to the Natural History Museum in the center of town. Whatever it is, I'm sure your recommendations of things to see and do help guests to make the most of their stays in your listings.

If I were hosting a guest in London, I would have to recommend some of the main tourist sights, such as the London Eye and Big Ben (in my photo above), but I would also suggest they go to Borough food market and walk along the canals at Little Venice!

I look forward to hearing your recommendations in your areas, I'll make a note of them in case I ever visit your part of the world!

Kirstie

13 Replies 13
Harvey3
Level 1
Lakewood, CO

Our Airbnb is in Crestone, a tiny mountain town high up in the Sanger de Cristo mountains. We recommend guests enjoy stargazing from our deck. At 8,000 feet the views are amazing. 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Harvey3,

Welcome to the Community Center (CC)! I'm Kirstie, the online community coordinator here in the CC - let me know if you have any questions about how it works!

I just had a look at your listing to see the views that you mention - it looks like a stunning house and setting! I can imagine that stargazing from your deck is beautiful. I'll bear it in mind if I ever come to Colorado!

Kirstie

Kp0
Level 1
Ipoh, Malaysia

image.jpeg

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kp0,

Welcome to the Community Center! Let me know if you have any questions about how it works!

Your picture is amazing - is this a cave near your listing in Malaysia? Could you tell us more about it?

Kirstie

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Kp0! My jaw just dropped seeing your photo. 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Basil1
Level 3
Kumily, India

Hi All

My listing is close to Periyar Tiger reserve at Thekkady-Kerala-India. There are lot of attractions nearby. 

The Sanctuary is spread across 777 km2 (300 sq mi), of which 360 km2 (140 sq mi) is thick evergreen forest. The wildlife sanctuary was declared a tiger reserve in 1978. The splendid artificial lake formed by the Mullaperiyar Dam across the Periyar river adds to the charm of the park. The greatest attractions of Periyar are the herds of wild elephants, deer and bison that come down to drink in the lake. The sanctuary can be accessed through a trekking, boating or jeep safari.

(Submerged trees in Periyar National Park)

Thekkady is considered as a heaven for natural spices such as black pepper, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, nutmace, ginger, and clove. Kerala is known as "Gods own country".

thekkady.jpg

(Elephants at Periyar Tiger reserve)

bamboo-periyar-5.jpg

(Bamboo rafting at Periyar lake)

Boarder hiking.jpg

(Border hiking in the Jungle)

ak-11.jpg

(Night trekking in the Jungle)

spices-Cardamom.jpg

(Cardamom plantations)

ak-11.jpg

(Spices land)

images.jpg

(Famous for ayurvedic tourism)

This is a niche of Kerala. There are lot of places to explore at Kerala. I will update with the other places soon. @Kirstie I hope this informations would be helpful for you in future.

There are lot of unique stays offered by the hosts at Thekkady. Attaching the links of listings.

Tented stay:

Treehouse:

Modern villas:

Ayurvedic rejuvenation:

Organic Farm:

Cake making and tasting:

Bamboo grove experience at Periyar tiger reserve:
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Basil1,

Wow this looks incredible - what a stunning area with amazing wildlife! Thank you for sharing photos too, they're beautiful. I will definitely have to try and visit Kerala at some point 🙂

Kirstie

Hi @Kirstie

You are most welcome. I can host you in future. I can give you recommended hosts in Kerala. You can have a look on my listing too. I think I should publish the content on other groups, so that the other fellow hosts can see my place.

Looking froward to see you in future 🙂

Regards

Basil

Jiw0
Level 10
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Upon booking I send guests a PDF file that includes the basics on getting there, getting around, our contact info, etc.   It also includes a page on things to see and do, which goes like this.  (Chiang Mai, Thailand)

Highlights around town and out of town

--------------------------------------------------
This isn’t anywhere near a full list of “must-do’s”, but we do enjoy the following locations. If you’d like to rent a car and driver for out of town trips then we know several good ones; just ask and we can book one for you.

• City Walks – The old town center of Chiang Mai has many temples, wooden houses, little shops, markets and schools, and relatively low traffic. The immediate area around the house actually has several historical sites, ruins of Buddhist chedis (stupas) where once there were temples, but currently just the chedi ruin remains. The following walk starts off passing three of them, the first right around the corner: goo.gl/CWX1ir (A bit over an hour, but allow much longer when stopping at temples, markets or the museum at the Three Kings Monument. (cmocity.com) Another good walk is in the Riverside – Chinatown – Warorot Market area. Suggested route: goo.gl/QJ5NRI, about one hour, or longer when spending time at the market. You can do these trips also by (rented) bicycle, of course.

• Doi Suthep Mountain and the temple overlooking the town. You can turn this into a full day trip if you drive yourself and stop at the streams & waterfalls along the way. After visiting the temple you can go further up past towards the summit of Doi Pui. Best time may be later in the afternoon when crowds are fewer and the air is clearer, giving better views.

• Elephant parks come in roughly two varieties around Chiang Mai: the older ones that do shows and are a bit circus-like in the way they make elephants perform tricks, and then newer (and often more expensive) ones that focus more on education and animal well-being. These can be a truly rewarding experience, you get a lot of personal time with elephants, feeding and bathing them, etc. There is a new place that recent guests enjoyed, a smaller operation associated with this river rafting organizer. This one is relatively affordable at 2500 per person. (We can check availability and book any place in advance.)

• Courses & classes: attend a cooking school or massage class. Also, there are many traditional massage parlors & spas around town.

• Jungle Zip Line: There are quite a few operators these days, located in scenic areas.

• Wat Umong is a forest temple out towards the University area. There is an ancient tunnel structure and the temple is set in very park-like surroundings.

• If in Chiang Mai on a weekend don’t miss the Sunday Evening walking street market, from Thapae Gate down Ratchadamnoen Rd. On Saturday there is a night market at Wualai Rd.

• Wiang Kum Kam is a historical site with many temple ruins dotted around the present-day village. From the main visitor center you can tour the area in a horse drawn carriage. Or just get a map and explore by bicycle or motorbike. Don’t expect it to be like Sukhothai, but I do enjoy how very old temple ruins are intermixed with the present day village.

• Ob Khan is a lesser known national park, where the Khan River flows through a rocky gorge/canyon. When it’s not too cold or too rainy it’s a great place for a swim too.

• Another place to go for a swim is the Huay Tueng Thao Lake. There are rafts and restaurants where you can order food, and one side of the lake is dedicated to swimming.

• A good day trip by car or motorbike is the Mae Sa Valley loop, around the mountain. There are waterfalls, the botanical garden, beautiful views as well as some more artificial attractions such as bungee jumping, snake shows, elephant camps, jungle zipline, the Tiger Kingdom and others. A very scenic area nearby to enjoy nature is Mon Jam.

• Going to Chiang Rai is a (very) full day trip, departing early and getting back in the evening. Best to book a car and driver, and visit sights like the White Temple, Black House and the Golden Triangle area.

• Pai / Mae Hong Son province is a great area for a multi-day trip. Or book a trek / tour where you visit mountain / hilltribe villages, go rafting, etc.

• Chiang Mai Zoo and/or the Night Safari can be good places to visit with kids. Chiang Mai zoo is not as good as top zoos in the West, but still quite okay by Asian standards.

• “Kantoke” is a dining experience where you watch traditional dancing and cultural shows. A big one is the Chiang Mai Cultural Center.

• Several shopping malls opened recently, the biggest one of all is the new Central Festival, on the Superhighway ring road. An older but still popular one is Airport Plaza towards the airport. All major malls have movie theaters, restaurants and other attractions.

-------------

So that's in addition to nearby restaurants, pubs, markets, etc. 

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jiw0 that's a great detailed list! There seems to be so much to do in Chiang Mai - Thailand is already on my list of places to visit, it sounds wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Vinayak5
Level 2
Ramakkalmedu, India

our airbnb is situtaed in Ramakkalmedu.The place is noted for its panoramic beauty and numerous windmills.he scenic beauty of Ramakkalmedu has attracted thousands of people, including Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio. DiCaprio has reportedly said about this place that "If there is a paradise on earth, it is here.lot of near by attarctions theirMy airbnb homeMy airbnb homeRamakaklmeduRamakaklmedu

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Kirstie I host in London, and I always try to offer guests some tips about places to visit that are less well-known, so they get an authentic experience and feel a little bit more special 🙂

Some of the places I suggest, and guests always love in London are:

-Vertigo42 in the City (wonderful views and no crowds)

-Monument to the great fire of London in the city- again wonderful views, after burning off a lot of calories walking to the top!

-Flat Iron Square, the alternative to Borough market, just a 5 min walk from there.

-Barbican conservatory, only open on certain sundays, it's a wonderful oasis!

Paul 🙂

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Kirstie0,  

Thank you for this topic. After guests ask or i ask them what they like to see, I recommend to them some historical sites, museums, old city.... and some traditional resturants or cofes where one can drink a good coffee.  

Thanks,  

Miloud