What songs would appear on your ideal cleaning playlist?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What songs would appear on your ideal cleaning playlist?

US_SE-281230_shutterstock_foryou.jpg

Hey there,

Cleaning the house can sometimes feel like an unending endeavour but maybe there's some tricks to make it less laborious? For me, music is the key.

Music has proven to be a good and reliable source of motivation when performing household tasks, and a great excuse to boogie on down! With the diversity of genres out there, ranging from pop to reggae to classical - having an eclectic taste can really bring out some bangers.

What bands or songs can't you do without from your playlist?

Yes, I am a bit of a metal head so can speak to to a bit of headbanging... so let's join forces to make our own cleaning playlist.

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

17 Replies 17
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

It's got to be this, surely? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

haha.png

how did you know @Gordon0 ?

-----

Good choice @Gordon0!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

David Bowie's Putting out the Fire...

To be honest I switch between all manner of music, rock, good ole 60's-80's & dare I say it I'm a bit of a Sports follower so that gets listened to as well, alternatively, there's often Birdsong in my location which is nice to enjoy..

All the Best

While you clean your place, you have to sing your heart out, so you need to know the words of the songs.

Prepare your tools, mops, brooms, some dust pads, listening to "I will survive” (physical fatigue) by Gloria Gaynor.

Since starting is the most difficult part of cleaning up, it is better to do it with the right boost of energy and therefore the AC/DCs are exactly what you need. Fluff the sofa pillows, listening to "Highway to hell".

To avoid dropping dead of a heart attack while you remove the cobwebs from the corners of the living room, it is better to relax with something more melodic: “I don’t want a lover” by Texas will be fine, but while you beat the dust from the rugs you realize you need to sing "Man! I feel like a woman!” by Shania Twain.

All right, but now you have to clean the windows. Only “Rocking all over the world" by Status Quo can help you in this boring activity. Move the mattress: "Riptide" by Vance Joy is in the air.

Clean the interior of the closet listening to "On my wall" by Travis and "Take me to the church" by Hozier when there’s washing to be put out.

Dust the kitchen cabinets: “Wherever you will go” by “The Calling” will help you brighten your day.

Now clean the oven gently with water, vinegar and baking soda: the beating and compelling rhythm of “Supermassive black hole" by Muse in the background will make more bearable something like this.

Unclog and sanitize the toilet comforted by "Love it" by Icona Pop. And then run the vacuum and wash the floors, singing “F. you” (dirt) by Lily Allen.

Good. Now count down the minutes. Stand still for a little while and enjoy the last minute of cleaning. Soak up the contagious joy of "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. Look at you, hopping around in the living room.

Reward yourself with some ice cream. Imagine you’re in Italy, on the Amalfi coast on Sunday, and then imagine yourself kissing a friend (or a complete stranger) under a scorching sun.

Steven614
Level 4
West Palm Beach, FL

Walking on sunshine 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Woah-oh!

-----

Excellent! But not on repeat for four hours? Lol.... 🤣🤣

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

You'd be walking on your own hair having pulled it out from the torture 😉

-----

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

"... Aren't any floors for me to sweep, not in my castle on a cloud..." ♫

I listen to audiobooks and podcasts while cleaning, @Stephanie, so not much help with the playlist. Chris Morgan's The Wild is particularly apt here. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Lawrene0 Oh lovely, I was in my college's production of Les Miserables but only half of it (or there abouts) as I was Éponine! I'm enjoying podcasts a lot recently, beats listening to the same 100 songs I have done since being a teen!

-----

Eugene78
Level 3
СПБ, Russia

Usually something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THl-B4_nHsU

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

I’ll come back and add some details later, but always upbeat and happy with a good tempo. If it’s too chilled, I slow down the pace....... lol...

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Cathie19  Kylie Minogue?

AC/DC?

Jimmy Barnes?
Men At Work?

Midnight Oil?

Tie me kangaroo down sport?

Or good ole Banjo Patterson??