What to do if you haven't heard from your guest

Amy16
Level 1
Social Circle, GA

What to do if you haven't heard from your guest

What to do if you haven't heard from you guest and it is the day before their arrival?

5 Replies 5
Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Hi, contact them on your message board.  I always contact my clients the day before their check in to make sure they are still arriving on time, or to just to make sure they are ok...and to let them know that I am also excited about their arrival.  Also in my message, I asked a question on is ther anything they would need to be comfortable ...its shows you care as a host.  My guests love this.  I also share some good news about anything that is exciting happening in Hawaii that they might be interested in seeing or doing.  

take this opportunity to let them you are ready for their stay and look foward to meeting them and you want to confirm their arrival time in case anything has changed.  Hope this helps.....it works for me.

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Amy16,

I usually send a message through the Airbnb system a few days before their arrival with the door code information.  If I do not hear back from them, the day before their check in or the morning of, I send a text asking if they received the check in information and they have always gotten back to me right away indicating that they did receive the information.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Thanks, I have done all of that and even tried calling them and have not heard back.  And they are due in today!  Is there anything else I can do?

Not really - you have messaged them. I asume they know either how and where to pick up the keys, or if they are arriving to your home they know the check in time. They may be travelling and have little acess to the internet. It happens.

Michelle0
Level 6
New York, NY

First, always be very clear in your profile instructions as to how your guest will get in (lock box, meeting you, etc.). That said, I work with Cityami, a property manager made specifically for home sharing - and we have this all the time. Guests book your home, and don't read anything else. They also don't respond to anything before. The only thing you can do is message them on the platform, sms, and call. If they don't get back to you, they certainly will at check-in time! I've had guests who didn't respond just show up and say "I'm here. Can you let me in?" I'm not sure why guests assume someone is always at the apartment waiting for them, but they do. If you use a lock box (highly recommended), just send them the instructions. If not, let them know you're glad to hear back from them and are on your way. These things happen more often than not. You'll save yourself a lot of stress planning and preparing for it rather than trying to control it.