What do you put in the fridge for guests?

What do you put in the fridge for guests?

Hello there. I’m a new host and have been reading all the informative posts on here. My space is a private guest house with kitchen. I have a mini fridge in the space that I put waters in.

Are there any other must haves I should put in there? I leave snacks on the table, but wanted to know if others have had good feedback on other things. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

-Dane’lle 

176 Replies 176
Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

I admit that some of our guests get a lot of goodies in the fridge and others might not if I haven't made it to the store. 

We always have:

-six pack of eggs, quarter sitck of butter, big bowl of Mini Moos, jam (communal), bread (Dollar Tree!)

We sometimes have:

-mini yoguts for each guest, a few local beers, a pitcher of iced tea, frozen juice, frozen dinners/hot pockets (only on sale), bananas/clementies (if they have toddlers), Toll House cookes that I make from the tub you buy in the refrigerated section of the store

Wow! I’m coming to stay with you. I will look into the mini moos. 

Thanks

Good ideas.  I've been trying to think of something for the kiddos, but parents can be so picky.  I think fruit is safe.

I always try and ask about food allergies. How about rice crispy treats ...

the individually wrapped ones?

@Casey-And-Dane-lle0 wrote:

Good ideas.  I've been trying to think of something for the kiddos, but parents can be so picky.  I think fruit is safe.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Christina0 @Emily487 What the heck is a Mini Moo? 

Well, here in Kansas City, we have these very small cows called...

Okay, they are just small half and half containers that don't have to be refrigerated. You can order a box of 200 from AMZN for about $15 and they last a while. 

@Emily487LOL! That would be adorable. I need a mini fridge-dwelling cow. 

That's cool. I will look it up on Amazon. We throw away so much cream because some of it gets used, but the rest goes off before guests use it up. 

@Alexandra316

Try Costco you can get the individual one serving Neilson pods that you find in offices, its about $4 - $5 a bag.  However I find even those go to waste even when they are good for 2 months.

@Krystal0our local Costco doesn't carry them. I might have to go to the bigger ones. 

@Alexandra316 @Emily

Check out Dexter cattle, they are like Mini Moo's...

@ Emily

I was thinking about these and wish we had them in Canada but we don't, I just checked Amazon we can get them to Canada $50 Canadian for a box 192, however the shipping (and I am assuming duties) is $108, so $158 CAD for 192 units.  Hmm I think I will stick to the refrigerated ones I can get from Costco for $4 a bag.  Perhaps on my next trip to the US I will smuggle a box back, lol

Don't you have miniature cows in Canada? 🙂

Just kidding. Like Emily says, we prefer the half n' half (half milk, half cream) version, but they also come in several flavors like hazelnut.

@Christina0   I know a lot of folks, including me, who are quite particular when it comes to a good cup of coffee and NONE of us would ever drink flavored coffee nor put flavored cream in it 🙂 

@Sarah977 I'm with you: black coffee all the way!

@Alexandra316  Oh no, I'm a coffee with cream gal- but it has to be cream, not milk and not hazelnut, vanilla or any other flavored anything. If the only choice is milk, then I do prefer it black. And skim milk- well, you  might as well just water the coffee down 🙂