Changed to B&B from rooms only, What went wrong?

Jane674
Level 2
Wash, United Kingdom

Changed to B&B from rooms only, What went wrong?

I'm a superhost with over 4 years experience as an Airbnb host.  I've recently decided to change our offer from rooms only with a shared kitchen to 'proper' bed and breakfast.  I've registered my kitchen as a food business so that I can legally make a cooked breakfast for guests.  

I have been compiling the new listing but running into problems :-

1. I've chosen the Bed & Breakfast as the type of listing and the suggested price would be OK for pppn but booking requests show the same amount 3ppn.

2. Whatever I do the location defaults to a similar road in the next town - not my address.

3. We do not accept children under 12 but I cannot find the checkbox for this. 

4 I  cannot block the calendar successfully.   Every time I save and exit, the calendar returns to default open availability. 

I have had 3 booking requests in 12 hours, all of which I have had to , apologetically, turn away.

In the past,  with my old listing,  I was used to the occasional guest not reading the full description and missing a vital piece of info,  but now it's too complicated and guests are misled/ misinformed and potentially disappointed.

I have reported my problems to Airbnb support but the suggestion of reloading the phone app; leaving it 24 hours to update or only using the Web version on my laptop is not good enough. 

In utter frustration I have suspended (snoozed) the new listing .

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jane674 

1. If you want to price per person, you need to set the base price for first guest +  the fee for each additional guest.

2. if address is incorrect, yoo can not change it yourslf (as there have been bookings) so only Airbb can change it.

3. There is no check box for it, only one saying it is not suitable for children.

4. You need to set the "availability window" setting first, If you temporary do not want bookings, set the value "all dates by default unavailable".

5. " but now it's ("the desription") too complicated and guests are misled/ misinformed and potentially disappointed.". Why is it too complicated ?

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 wrote:

3. There is no check box for it, only one saying it is not suitable for children.

@Emiel1 @Jane674 

There is a check box. You will find it under policies and rules/house rules:

Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 16.36.18.png

Jane674
Level 2
Wash, United Kingdom

Thanks  Emily, I will try your suggestions. 

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jane674 

Did you manage to update things using @Emiel1's great advice?

Do let us know how you're getting on with your listing.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines