When can we accept a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or lite coin as payment?

Irina108
Level 4
Surfers Paradise, Australia

When can we accept a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, or lite coin as payment?

I would like to accept diffrent cryptocurrency's as payment, would anyone else like to have that option? Airbnb could credit my walet with the cryptocurrency, after subtracting the service fee just like normal.

75 Replies 75
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Nowadays I have to use reading glasses to tell the different between a $5 & $20 US bill, and you young people are already into a brand new method of payment.  Love it. 😉

are you sure you want to be paid in cryto? they are so volotile!

today you get e.g 50eur, tomorrow the same amount might be equivalent to 20eur or 100eur

Really, that volatile? Exciting no doubt, but also frightening.

@Christabel-and-Rita0

We recently began accepting bitcoin for another business we run.

Already have had 4 people pay via bitcoin!

Bitcoin is quite volatile in value. To avoid that, we simply exchange the bitcoin immediately into our local currency. Problem solved.

János2
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

Hi I am a host and a guest often. I would like to pay in Bitcoin cause I get now my salary in BTC. Do you think it will possible in AirBnB pay with BTC in the near future? What you mean "accepting bitcoin for another business we run."

Luke142
Level 2
Tiffin, OH

Actually I'd love to pay with Verge XVG. Super fast transactions, almost no fees. Already being used by MindGeek and TrafficJunky which moves a lot of money around. Price is relatively stable and a ton of exchanges accept it. 

Geoff70
Level 1
Nice, France

Join Bee token, a blockchain cryto currancy homesharing site. Its the furure.

I'd love to learn more about this, some guests we had explained a "bit" about this, the ways it can help people who are either leaving a country for safety reasons or are in places that are experiencing breakdowns in civil conditions. I'd thought of cryptocurrency as a totally shady thing & never considered it as something that might give some stability for ordinary folk, I'm going to research Bee token! Sally

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Irina108

Don't underestimate the value of fairy dust. I know I’m an old curmudgeon.

How would Airbnb get their exorbitant fees, can you denominate bitcoin?

Francis152
Level 1
Zürich, Switzerland

You can do this already on cyptocribs dot com, they upload the listing for you and you can also accept Ether, Litecoin and BitcoinCash

Javi21
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

I would also like to receive payments witj crypto. 

Rebecca556
Level 1
Kansas City, MO

I am very interested in accepting bitcoin as an airbnb host. 

Jarg0
Level 10
Bad Zwischenahn, Germany

Did you pay your Tax in Bitcoin, or pay bills? Or do you think you can do money without the fiscal authorities?

Look at Ohio

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I remember when this post was made by @Irina0 back in 2017, and since then the principal founder of Bitcom is my island neighbor. The other day after lunch with him, it would have been cool tfor me o pay my half with one (as a goof), but unfortunately I do not have a blessed clue how this cryptocurrency works or what they even look like.