When guest cancels,"hosts get paid out on the basis of the price calc for that day by smart pricing"

When guest cancels,"hosts get paid out on the basis of the price calc for that day by smart pricing"

1535548241031_367.png

I can't seem to find this policy anywhere on the website. Is anyone else aware of this? Also... my minimum for the smart pricing feature was $63 at the time myself guest cancelled.

5 Replies 5
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Henley0   I am pretty well versed on AirBnB policy and I have NEVER seen or hear of this. This is not correct. You are paid on the reservation booking price period. Also do yourself a favor and turn off Smart Pricing its not very smart and it never works properly the host always gets screwed using it. I would get on Twiiter and do a direct message to AirbnbHelp because this was totally incorrect. They owe you money for the difference.  Like I said I have read and reread all of the policies in place and have never come across this. If they say it is policy ask for a copy of the policy as I'd like to see it.  

I asked for a link to the policy. I'll provide updates here when I receive a reply. Thanks for the advice on taking it to Twitter. That'll be my next step if they cannot solve the issues in their next response.

1535566583890_846.png

Airbnb Help on Twitter basically redirected me to a new Case Manager. This seems to be the approach for Airbnb social media profiles. Seen it happen on Facebook as well and many reply back with updates of unsuccess. I'll wait for a call from the new Case Manager and provide updates here. If they're unable to help, I will request for further assistance from the Twitter handle.

Update: No responses from Airbnb throughout the whole day so I gave them a phone call and the customer service representative took about 20 minutes looking into it, realized she couldn't do anything, and said she can have a Case Manager respond to me through Airbnb Inbox.. I asked about the unknown payout policy mentioned above and she said she'll send me an email regarding that information, but I didn't receive anything. Feels like they're just playing ping pong here...

All this trouble is definitely not worth $5, but the idea of a large company like AirBNB taking some $ away from hosts here and there just isn't right, and I hope this thread serves as an example of some of the many flaws in AirBNB's business

Bump for more exposure. Also, I made another phone call to complain since the previous customer service rep didn't send me any additional information regarding the payout policy using smart pricing when a guest cancels in less than 24 hours of check in. After speaking to 3 different people, she was the first one to at least ackowledge the fact that I was paid an incorrect amount. She said she had no idea what to do and didn't want to make the wrong decision so she esculated it to her supervisor whiling putting me on hold for almost 30 minutes. When she returned, she said it's been notified to the Product team. I assume they are aware of the fact that I wasn't paid the correct amount, but are not willing to refund me the $5 that they owe? I also learned that the guest who cancelled because they misread my private room as an entire guest suite receive a full refund which only took a few hours for them to process that... What the ****?? Again, this rep promised to send me through Airbnb Inbox details about my issue, but nothing was sent.. This has become so frustrating!