When is the busiest season in your area?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

When is the busiest season in your area?

Busiest season.png

Hey there,

Whether you host on the coast or in the mountains, in a city or in a small village,  you will probably have certain seasons or periods which are busier with visitors than others.  It might be simply due to the weather or perhaps there is an event that brings lots of people to the area at that time.

When is your busiest season/period of the year and how do you prepare for it? It might just be starting now with the arrival of summer or maybe this is your quieter period!

Looking forward to hearing more about when guests visit your areas,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

82 Replies 82

1. Canada 2. UK 3. Australia 4. German 5. Italian

I know plenty of Aussies who wear real shoes! But in a relaxed way perhaps...

K-POP concerts! So many tourists come for concerts.

We are outside of Acadia National Park in Maine. The season gets longer every year, now it is May through October.

The type of tourist definitely changes, it’s families  until September and then mostly older couples coming up to see the changing colors of the trees.

it is to have variety.

Nakayama0
Level 8
Oyabe, Japan

A snowfall day of Jan. & Feb.

Garden of snowfall.Garden of snowfall.

@Nakayama0 

Is this photo taken from your home?
It's cool , excuse the pun!

How many of you have spotted the sculpture in the tree?

Thank you:-) You can see 4 stone lanterns lit in equally spaced area. 

1.JPG

I Love it. It brings back memories when I lived overseas. My goal is to take my daughter and visit different countries I have visited.  Thank you for sharing.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Looks heavenly @Nakayama0 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Stephen-and-Adam0
Level 7
Santiago de Querétaro, Mexico

@Stephanie 

Dublin peak season kicks off in March with St Patrick's celebrations (March 17th) and tends to last until September.    

@Stephen-and-Adam0 

Wow St Patrick's celebrations last a very long time where you live!!
That's some fabulous Irish Party/ Festive season 😉 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Stephanie I'll answer with a visual from my performance page:

Screenshot 2019-06-11 17.15.51.png

Maine is said to have 6 seasons:  Mud Season, Spring, Black Fly Season, Tourist Season, Fall, and Salt Season.

Tourist Season officially kicks off on the 4th of July and officially ends in early September on Labor Day.

July and August are so idyllic in Maine that my daughters and I often refer to it as Camelot, from the song in the musical:  "A law was made a distant moon ago here/July and August cannot be too hot/The rain may never fall till after sundown/By eight, the morning fog must disappear/In short, there's simply not/A more congenial spot/For happily ever aftering than here in Camelot."

Camelot: Camelot
I know it gives a person pause
But in Camelot: Camelot
Those are the legal laws
The snow may never slush upon the hillside
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear
In short, there's simply not a more congenial spot
For happily ever after in than here in Camelot

@Neil-and-Ellen0 I love that song and listen to it often!  Just one note, though:  it's clear when Richard Burton sings it that the last line is "happily ever aftering," though most online lyrics say it's "for happily ever after in."  🙂

Neil-and-Ellen0
Level 3
Coarsegold, CA

As we are located just outside Yosemite National Park, summers (May-August) are booked SOLID. March, April, September and October are good, and November- February is our slowest season. 

The mix also varies, as our non-American guests (60%) tend to book further out than the last- minute Americans, and are as a group much friendlier and trouble-free. 

AND FUN!!!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Late Oct.- the end of April here. Summers are hot and humid with torrential rains. I think I've only had one or two bookings outside of that period, and those were Mexican nationals, not foreigners (and no, I'm not going to lower my price to that of a flea-bag motel just to get bookings). There are foreign tourists here during that low season, but they tend to look for places with AC and a pool, neither of which I have. I don't mind the slow season- I go to Canada for a month or 6 weeks, and use the rest of the summer to do projects around my place, garden like crazy, and make improvements to the guest room.