When is the busiest season in your area?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

When is the busiest season in your area?

Busiest season.png

Hey there,

Whether you host on the coast or in the mountains, in a city or in a small village,  you will probably have certain seasons or periods which are busier with visitors than others.  It might be simply due to the weather or perhaps there is an event that brings lots of people to the area at that time.

When is your busiest season/period of the year and how do you prepare for it? It might just be starting now with the arrival of summer or maybe this is your quieter period!

Looking forward to hearing more about when guests visit your areas,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

82 Replies 82
Patricia1307
Level 3
Springboro, PA

Spring and summer are my busiest seasons. There's a lot going on in this rural area. We just finished D-Day, which is the largest WWII  reenactment in Conneaut, Ohio.  People also visit Presque Isle for Tall Ships weekend on Lake Erie and the Waldamere Amusement/water park. Several colleges are in the area, so people come for graduation in spring and move-in day in the fall. Reunions, weddings and a soccer tournament in Edinboro are also reasons why people come. Overall I have been surprised by how busy I am, even in the fall and winter when Steelhead fishing starts. There are not many choices for lodging here, that's why Airbnbs have become so popular. I never imagined I would be so busy. I usually block out a few days each month, so I get time to rest or catch up on what extra things need to get done at my rental.

Hello Sarah977,  I agree with your post. When traveling abroad I always avoid being the obnoxious American. I often separate from the group, because they would do some embarrassing things. Most thought I was German, because wear clothes which don't stand out.

Stephanie1281
Level 1
North Myrtle Beach, SC

December, January and February are slow months here in North Myrtle Beach South Carolina 🇺🇸

Maria-Coronas0
Level 1
Coco, Costa Rica

November/April 

Victor685
Level 1
Wambangalang, Australia

Hi there l was wondering when is the peak season for My home in Australia Western Australia to be exact a little town called south yunderup 6208 

Adam20
Level 2
Mooloolaba, Australia

The busiest period for Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast, Australia is definitely the summer holidays from mid December to late January, with a super-peak period for the 2 weeks around Christmas & New Year.  Other school holidays are popular and of course "event weekends" like Triathlons/Music Festivals etc.  Slow months for me are February and May.

Sue862
Level 2
Parndana, Australia

Kangaroo Island, South Australia. Our busy time is September through to April and very concentrated after Christmas through to January .... everyone is looking for the Summer weather to enjoy and relax on our beautiful uncrowded beaches and always looking for that natural wildlife and fauna experience, made easier with daylight saving.

Sheryl8
Level 2
Hastings, NZ

I am also in NZ. in the sunny region of Hawkes Bay !  We are in Hastings which is a fruit/wine growing area so not really a tourist area in winter so our season is mainly  November to April.

Napier is 20mins away and the Art Deco capital of the world and that is very busy all year round.

Possepony0
Level 2
Albany, OR

It was late April to mid Nov here in the Northwest of the USA