When is the busiest season in your area?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

When is the busiest season in your area?

Busiest season.png

Hey there,

Whether you host on the coast or in the mountains, in a city or in a small village,  you will probably have certain seasons or periods which are busier with visitors than others.  It might be simply due to the weather or perhaps there is an event that brings lots of people to the area at that time.

When is your busiest season/period of the year and how do you prepare for it? It might just be starting now with the arrival of summer or maybe this is your quieter period!

Looking forward to hearing more about when guests visit your areas,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

82 Replies 82
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I am in a great spot, it is equally busy every month of the year!

We cater to guests who are visiting Yosemite National Park in California, USA. The waterfalls are generally best in April and May, and the Yosemite Valley is crowded all summer. Pro itip, the best times to visit the Valley are the shoulder seasons, late spring and early fall, as the crowds are more manageable. We like to visit the valley in winter to ski on Glacier Point Road, and walk the dog on the closed roads in the valley. 

Late June until early August for the annual Crop Over season. Apart from the visitors coming in, our own Rihanna has spread the word to her celebrity friends so you can always be on the road for Kadooment or at the beach and meet Simon Cowell, Oprah, famous chefs, actors, race car drivers, and much more!

Then October for the Food and Rum Festival and of course the Christmas Holidays in December until early February. Many locals living abroad come home as well.

As we launched January of this year, we are experiencing the Crop Over season for the first time. So far it's been good. Most hotels and lodgings offer really really low discounts to attract locals for staycations and then visitors. We have a special offer on at the moment and so far it is well received. Due to our large space and coziness we mostly attract families, couples and friend groups, so we have added a BBQ, Family games and a few books. We have upgraded and fixed up the lower level as an attached Master en Suite for added space and still upgrading as we go.

Visit us in Barbados 🙂

Sheila109
Level 2
Canandaigua, NY

May through October 

Richard-and-Nadia0
Level 2
Gulf Breeze, FL

Spring and summer:)

Kelly3
Level 10
Seoul, South Korea

April to October, and briefly during the Christmas and New Years 3 weeks.

Awesome 

Patty-Patchara0
Level 2
Stratford, New Zealand

Hi everyone Patty here. Stratford is the heart of Taranaki .The land of Egmont mountain . I have live here nearly a year now.  In love with this place. Egmont end of June to January the best time for your visit enjoy ski ,play with the snow, look stunning view around the mountain.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Sounds lovely @Patty-Patchara0! 🙂 

Are you based on north or south island of NZ? Although I have been to New Zealand several years ago now, it was a flying visit and my geography isn't what it should be. It is a lovely place to live, the scenery is mind blowing. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

TWe are in the North Island on the west coast. Mt Egmont/Taranaki is on our back doorstep and she is covered in snow showing all her glory. Coastal highway 45 is a beautiful scenic route and for the more adventurous highway 43 goes from our town of Stratford to Tamaranui. Over 4 saddles, 150km of twisty, hills and corners. Leads to National Park the central region of the North Island with 3 snow covered mountains and a massive crater lake Taupo 

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Brush up @Lizzie for when @Stephanie @Lizzie @Quincy @Laura_C pop over to New Zealand..

See you all on the same visit!!!

Karim25
Level 10
Paris, France

Hey there, 

In Paris, all over the year except February.

Julica0
Level 2
Grottaglie, Italy

Ciao,

da Giugno a Settembre in Puglia è  stagione piena per andare al mare. Ci sono tantissimi eventi serali, arte e natura.

Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ciao @Julica0 

benvenuta nella community! Volevo segnalarti che ti sei unita alla community di lingua inglese: quella italiana è qui che ti aspetta! Potrai commentare in italiano e trovare altri host pugliesei come te! 
Spero di vederti presto "dalle mie parti" 🙂 

Francy

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

Linda1213
Level 6
Vero Beach, FL

In Florida USA. I just started in January... and knew i would probably get folks jan-march( what i would have thought as busy season).... but they kept on coming! June  and July are just about fully booked too!

LBR