When will AirBnb start banning bad guests?

Ivan420
Level 2
Decatur, GA

When will AirBnb start banning bad guests?

🙈 Hey Guys! 😃

Look at this "guest" which we have now from yesterday:

"May 2019
Terrible guest, booked for 1 and showed up with 3 people. Than lied about it. Refusing to pay for the extra guest. One of her extra guests decides to take a piss right next the entry door. After confronting they denied everything. It was even on video... Don't host her. She is trouble or her friends will be.
Diederik
Diederik, Redondo Beach, CA"

"March 2019
Megan and friends were in front of the townhouse talking loud and had loud music playing from a vehicle in the middle of the night. I live in a quiet complex. She and her guest were in the room talking loudly when I woke at 6am. My other guest had to be at work at 4am and didn’t sleep. He filed a complaint with Airbnb. I think an extended stay is better suited for Megan and friends, not someone’s home and neighborhood.
Adrien
Adrien, Atlanta, GA"

"May 2019
Not a good guest ! Ruined my carpet..took things out of my drawer! And after I asked you did you have the items you said NO! Also I just realized my cousin hosted this same couple ! I wasn’t able to get warned prior !! They also ruined her carpet ! You guys were only their two nights I mean come on ! I had to clean the walls ! I had to pressure clean the carpet . And you were only their two nights .... ridiculous. Wish I would have known my cousin hosted you two months ago wow.. To all host after reading my review scroll down to the review by B. You guys should be banned from Airbnb And you have the nerve to not respond to my request to pay for my carpet Disgusting ! Beware
Allison
Allison, Atlanta, GA"

"March 2019
Megan arrived very late close to 12 am even though checkin ended at 9 pm. I had to reach out to her she also reserved for one guest but showed up with a male and when I spoke to her about it she apologized that she didn't realize she did not add him to the reservation but after reading her other reviews I realized she has done it before..She also left the room and bathroom really messy even a dirty underwear was left in the room.
Kim
Kim, Conyers, GA"

etc...

So, she arrived yesterday with her friend. They don't pay for an additional person and he lived before night. Today I saw 2 people who left our property. And she has 6 nights further. So we decided to cancel this nightmare at it very beginning.

Now we're waiting for Airbnb call back. I told them that I don't want a bad review from these kids.

So I'll keep you with my case 

30 Replies 30
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Ivan420 

How could they book anyway ?

Must be "instant book" i guess, i assume no one will accept her manually, based on reviews.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Emiel1 Even with Instant Booking turned on, the request from such a guest will need to be manually approved. I have IB turned on and I received a pending request from a guest who had two of four bad reviews. The guest I gave a change turned out to be a bad guest as well. Therefore, a lesson I learnt is that trust other hosts and don't accept a guest with two or more bad reviews. 

@Ivan420 Not sure about the details when the guest would be kicked out by Airbnb. Is it dependant on the number of reviews or the average star ratings?  But the guest who received a third bad review from me was removed by Airbnb. 

I reject people all the time... Just say: "REVIEWS MATTER. YOU HAVE TOO MANY BAD REVIEWS".

Simple!!!
Im not a Super Host and im sure that this reflects in my lower rankings.

Ann489
Level 10
Boise, ID

@Ivan420    The sad truth is that, as long as this person has working credit card on file, Airbnb won't do anything.  In their eyes, there is  no such thing as a bad guests--only difficult hosts.  😛

Cheryl389
Level 7
Keyport, NJ

I have had 2 guests I wouldn't allow back because they stole things. However, one of my first bookings was cancelled by AirBnb after I had confirmed him. I am happy about that because I wasn't fully sure how checking reviews or anything worked, and I was eager to get as many bookings as possible. It is likely he broke the rules at enough places that they decided to ban his account.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Ivan420 

Why on earth was this person even allowed access to your home??!

@Emilia42 I accepted the person with two bad reviews and accepted him because he was very polite in my messaging with him before I accepted the request. I thought that he had learnt from his mistakes. But he started to pick on me and tried to get discount or refund after 5 days. His booking was for 26 days. Eventually I had to call Airbnb to terminate his stay early and relocate him for the rest of his stay. I refunded him more about 18 days starting from the date he moved out. But I had to take a few days loss because those dates were blocked till the date he moved out.

Normally hosts try to write nice reviews to guests or stay silently for some guests with minor issues. When a guest has very bad reviews, it is not a good sign. That is the lesson I learn. I will not accept any guests with two or more bad reviews.

@Alice595

I agree. Sometimes we have to live and learn. Especially when reviews are sugar coated with "XX was nice and friendly but ...." We want to see the good and give someone another chance. But these four reviews from Ivan's guest are bad. Megan does not get it and will never learn. 

would you like to explain why---Normally hosts try to write nice reviews to guests or stay silently for some guests with minor issues.  ?

I do this.... nice reviews or silent.

There are many degrees of breaking rules and being dirty:

If it's only one thing or few with a reason, I say nothing.

If it's clearly against a rule, but don't attempt to anyone, I put goods ratings and say it in private.

If it is a habit, I put 4* star rating and say it in the public review.

If it is a habit and usually attempt to others, I put a 3* and a public comment.

I always try to be nice, because even all the bad potins they are nice people, in general. But I confess that I am doing it now. At the begginnig I was nice to everybody, since I recieved the first 3* rate. Then I changed, because that girl broke several House rules and I gave her a full 5*

@Ale113, I was going to say,  I am sure you will change your strategy once a guest gives you a bad and unfair review simple because they were bad themselves. I hope you would review them fairly.

Because we dont want to be vindictive or we dont want to be too overly critical.

Some guests nitpick about every small thing, we dont want to be like that. We want to be fair. We dont want to be overly critical of every little thing.

Helen56
Level 10
San Diego, CA

There is a Facebook group called Airbnb Guests Blacklist.  You can post her details there. It has searchable files of bad guests.

I'll post the link, but not sure if it will be allowed to appear: 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/188885775174427/?multi_permalinks=413518529377816&notif_id=155909903...

This is great. I wish it was possible to leave hosts messages that no one else sees. This would encourage more honesty within the platform about reccomendations without concern about appearing too harsh. I try to be as honest as I think I could get away with, since people have done some crazy things.