When you can no longer to the bad host listing what does that mean

When you can no longer to the bad host listing what does that mean

Hi, can someone let me know what it means when you can no longer see the Host that gave terrible services?

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Patricia3269 

If the account of the host (profile) is not visible anymore, then it is deactivated or deleted (voluntary or forced by Airbnb). If the listing is not visible, it can be (temporary) deactivated (voluntary or forced).

Yes, thank you I just want people to beware that the host is a scam

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Patricia3269 why would you be looking for the account of a host who gave you "terrible services"? You certainly wouldn't want to book again would you?

You are correct, but to warn others

I have been trying to write a review to let people know she is a scam 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Patricia3269  I would assume she got booted off Airbnb or at least suspended, based on the post you made yesterday about being scammed. If she had simply snoozed her listing, you'd still be prompted to leave a review.

@Sarah977  @Laura2592 @Emiel1 , I'm a bit more than sceptical about a November 21 Guest.. just sayin'.

@Charles224  Yes, I hear you on that, but she posted quite upset yesterday and while there are always 2 sides to every story, and I wouldn't presume to know all the facts, there are definitely some scam listings out there and her story didn't sound unbelievable, just rather hysterical, which might be understandable as she said she was left stranded alone in New York. 

@Patricia3269  You reported the issue to Airbnb, and the host's account is now no longer active. You got your refund already, so your work there is done. 

If this person is genuinely a con artist, she's clearly not so diabolically skillful at it that the world really needs to be warned about her. And if she was just incompetent at hosting, hopefully she's learned from this failed booking. Instead of holding a grudge or trying to expose this person online, it would be more helpful to keep yourself and others informed of how to tell a reliable listing from a risky one. Airbnb doesn't vet or inspect listings before they go live, so if you're among the first guests, you're also the de facto quality control. 

@Patricia3269  @Anonymous  is right. If the host is not active your job is done. No need to be a hunting them down to punish and expose them. Move on to bigger and better experiences.