Where are all my laid back hosts at?

Christina355
Level 7
Bradenton, FL

Where are all my laid back hosts at?

Where are all my laid back hosts at? I need to find my people! 

I host a campsite on my small farm, so it's definitely not your average listing and I get that, but I know there have to be other hosts out there that are laid back and go with the hosting flow. 

I want to hear from hosts that just have fun with it and if you have a crazy story or had something happen that would make the more strict hosts cringe... I need to hear the stories 🙂 

I know I'm not alone.. don't let me down, community! 

62 Replies 62
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

I dont think any potential guest wants a laid back host. Is there an upside to that type of host mentality? Are you managing a camp site or a weed retreat? Just because youre managing a camp site doesnt mean you should take it any less seriously.  We have to be prepared to deal with all sorts of liability issues, cleaning, and making sure guests are satisfied so we can keep hosting. Yes, we like to laugh and have fun but theres a time and place. 

@Zacharias0

Just looking for other hosts that I can relate to. A lot of hosts on here seem really stressed out and like every guest pisses them off. I'm a more laid back host, that doesn't mean I host a weed retreat... geez. My personality is laid back, not my actual ability to maintain my listing. My point about hosting a campsite is just that there are less things to break at a campsite, so I have the luxury of not being worried as much as other hosts plus I attract campers who are typically not going to nit pick about my listing like other guests do. I have super happy guests and that makes me happy- no weed necessary 🙂 lol 

Maybe this forum isn't the right place to connect with others. 

I understood your question, but what does a laid back host talk about vs other hosts? 

I always feel like this forum is to talk about issues with guests, AirBNB, and how to be a better host regardless of personality type . 

@Zacharias0 you understood but still decided to make those comments? I'm not really interested in being judged. I appreciate you taking the time to comment, but I'm looking to connect with likeminded hosts not be convinced that I'm wong. 

I am also easy going and laid back.I have a small campsite. But I totally don't understand why 

ppl book at a campsite and expect club med!! LOL really.

@Zacharias0 wrote:

I dont think any potential guest wants a laid back host. Is there an upside to that type of host mentality? Are you managing a camp site or a weed retreat? Just because youre managing a camp site doesnt mean you should take it any less seriously.  We have to be prepared to deal with all sorts of liability issues, cleaning, and making sure guests are satisfied so we can keep hosting. Yes, we like to laugh and have fun but theres a time and place.

————————-

Wow @Zacharias0 you don’t sound particularly fun. But Christina does. I checked out her profile and based on her many positive reviews it sounds like she’s a thoughtful and attentive host who is giving her guests a memorable one-of-a-kind experience they’re literally “never going to forget” and not going to find with many other hosts. Case in point:

B1BF8D86-8390-42A4-9B20-9D5EB5FF4D79.jpeg

————————

Maybe you should take some pointers from @Christina355. I’m glad to hear from different voices like hers on this forum. 

@Terrica0 thank you so much for your kind words! I really love sharing my farm with guests ☺

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

Well @Christina355, in spite of what @Zacharias0 says, I think there is room for ALL types of hosts so you do you! 

Personally I probably lean more towards the "strict" hosts but I usually adapt to whatever vibe I feel from my guests. I would imagine there are plenty of guests out there looking for your type of accommodations.

That's the beauty of ABB, something for EVERYONE!

Cheers!

Thanks @Suzanne302! I think thats the beauty of Airbnb too! There IS a place for everyone 🙂 I'm just trying to find other hosts that I can relate with to share stories, etc. It's fun to reach out to other hosts, because friend's that don't host don't really get it. 

Christina you have a campsite, it’s pretty hard to damage a campsite. Most host have houses or rent out bedrooms in there house with they take pride in. So guests can damage floors,wall etc pretty easy. So can you see why they might not be easy going. We all care. Happy hosting

Yep, that's pretty much the exact point... I don't take any less pride, though. I explain further in my comments to Zacharias above if you're curious. I am specifically looking for other hosts with similar situations and hosting style. If you don't fit that, have no interest in it and don't agree with it there's really no need to comment. I don't mean to be harsh, but I'm just trying to connect with others that I can relate to and I seem to be met with more judgement than anything else. 

I will just avoid the CC in the future unless I have a problem that I need help with, seems like that's all it's good for even though it's supposed to be a "community center". 

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

I rent a room in my home, so I definitley have plenty to worry about, but I do think I’m probably more laid back than many other hosts. I read a lot of posts here in the forum and think that a lot of hosts take things entirely too personally. Our guests are looking for accommodations, not relationships. Their behavior is that of a customer, not a friend. So I don’t take it personally when they don’t act like a friend. I roll my eyes (hopefully only around myself!) and go on with my day. 

I think a lot of hosts would be happier if they remembered that the guests are only guests from our side of the table. From their side, they are paying customers. Maybe in the olden days of yore relationship was more important, but I believe those days are mostly in the past. 

@Willow3 THANK YOU. You restored a little of my faith in our community. I 100% agree that most hosts would be happier if they took things with a grain of salt. We all have different expectations and I really think there's a place for everyone on Airbnb, some of us may just be a little happier at the end of the day than others. Some of the posts on the forum make me wonder why some people are hosts at all, they seem to hate it and want to control everything the guests do. I'm also super lucky, because my listings seem to attract likeminded people that enjoy and respect my farm. 

I honestly started this post, because of comments I was receiving on a different post. People seem to see things as black and white and in reality (my reality at least) we have to adapt and move on. I have learned now that I can't just post stories on here without being inundated with judgement and unsolicited advice. It's really unfortunate, because sometimes you just need to vent! Thanks for not being judgey 🙂 

@Christina355 - I love giving unsolicited advice. Ask my children, lol. 

Here is yours. Never end a sentence with a preposition. 😂

(that’s meant to be funny, hope it translates over the innerwebs!)