Where are guest names on iCal calendar?

Bonita5
Level 5
Victoria, Canada

Where are guest names on iCal calendar?

I have my Airbnb calendar synced with my iCal calendar so I can see all bookings at once.  It was awesome.

It showed the names of guests for my 3 apartments. My husband helps me and he could always see what guest was coming by their name on iCal calendar. Also my cleaners could see what guest I was talking about by their names on iCal.  Now only the Airbnb reservation number shows up , names are gone... this is really unhelpful for me, for my helper and for my cleaners.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK TO SHOWING GUESTS NAMES !!!!

99 Replies 99
Christina297
Level 2
Whistler, Canada

Same issue here. 4 of my units have automatic door codes and now they have been deleted. Eeeeeeeek this is a nightmare.

Jamison2
Level 1
Omaha, NE

Having the same issue.  Please

fix this. 

I have not seen an update on this recently. I am still not seeing names for Airbnb in my rental lock automater. Any updates on this?

Rick301
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hello! I am having the same issue. This very more critical for me as my smart lock uses the names and telephone numbers to push the codes into the lock for guests to open the door. I currently have 2 guests in the middle of their stay who could not get into the unit. I had to make temporary code to fix this problem.

I'm traveling overseas and this would have been a nightmare if I were out of town without the ability to support my guests.

Please resolve!

Brett151
Level 2
Denver, CO

I am having the same issue here as well! Everything worked fine until this afternoon when all of my lock codes disappeared and the program was doing a random loop trying to find and reprogram codes that weren't there. I sent a message to Airbnb support and they were very quick to dismiss it as not their problem and I must be using a PMS to manage my calendar so my problem is with them. I am NOT using a PMS system to manage my calendar - in fact, I have several other calendars all synced with the Airbnb calendar becuase it provided a place to sync outside listings as well as my other Airbnb listings in the same house. It was very clear to me that the person who responded to my service request didn't know what I was actually talking about and used a pretty good "stock" repsonse to try and put the repsonsibility on someone other than themselves. This is a MAJOR inconvenience and hopefully not a permanent change to the way their ical files are created (not all platforms provide as much info as Airbnb but having the name and phone number is the only way to automatically program the lock codes as something that is easy for the guest to remember and use). If anyone has any luck getting this issue fixed, please share it with the rest of us.

Megan445
Level 1
Canmore, Canada

Same issue. I'm a cleaner for many units and all my airbnb links have been wiped of their information. Contacted Airbnb and was told it isn't their issue and to check with iCal. This is absolutely ridiculous, it was working fine and HomeAway doesn't have this issue so please, Airbnb, FIX THIS. 

Mathew36
Level 1
Long Creek, SC

Same here.  Guest names and phone numbers disappeared, so my lock software deleted my guest's door code.

Kris-and-Cristina0
Level 2
Santa Clara, CA

Same here, just tweeted at Airbnb, lets see if that does anything.... I recommend others do the same.

I just tweeted also. What is your handle? I'll retweet your message.

Madhura0
Level 3
United States

Me too. Everything was setup so beautifully with SmartThings and automated users, it ran like a well oiled machine with a great customer experience. Now thanks to this AirBnB calendar bug it’s broken my entire flow and my guests (and I) are unhappy! I have to go back to doing things manually 😞

The weird thing is that it’s working with some of my synchronized calendars (like Google) but not with others. On Google it’s showing me all the correct reservation details like names and numbers (just like always) where as on my other system the same iCalendar URL is missing the names and numbers. AirBnB please get your act together and fix it ASAP. You’re making the guests and hosts very unhappy!!

There also a page on Reddit about this. https://www.reddit.com/r/AirBnB/comments/bfhlgo/guest_phone_number_api_for_setting_door_lock_codes/

Google Cal will update. Usually takes hours longer than Apple to update. I’m sure you’ll see the same in hours to come with google. 

Donna163
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hello from San Diego -

We are having the same issue with our Airbnb rentals. Guest names and codes disappeared. We had to give out our back up codes (manually entered before the issue) to make the locks work for our guests. I called Airbnb Super Host phone line - They said the issue is not theirs.

Smart Things says the issue is with Airbnb and that Airbnb cleared the icalendars.  Not sure what next steps are. We tried manually entering the codes - most worked a couple had issues so we gave them our back up codes. 

I can confirm the issue is definitely Airbnb's.  I downloaded a copy of my own iCal with 'wget' (command line tool to download web links) and opened it up in a text editor to verify that the names/numbers are missing.

I agree that the issue is with AirBnB. I downloaded the iCalendar file using Chrome on my laptop and opened it using Notepad to take a look at it (it’s just a text file). While it has the reservation dates, the names and phone numbers are all missing. I think A isn’t talking to B within AirBnB and creating this confusion by passing the buck around. 

Chantale5
Level 2
Washington, DC

Answer from AirBnb support (have not tried the recommendation yet):

Hi Chantale,

I am sorry for the delay in response.

I would like to apprise you that if you log in to your account on computer using a chrome browser, you would be able see the calendar accordingly.

The dates are not blocked and it's open. The issue is not at our end, however, the API software is throwing the error in this case.

Request you to get in touch with the manager of the account or the App for your assistance as I am attaching a few screenshots below for your reference.

You can also go through the below Help Center article for your understanding:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2233/how-do-i-change-my-sync-settings-for-api-connected-listings...

I hope the information provided was helpful to you. Please feel free to let me know in case you need further assistance. I am just a message away.

Have a pleasant day ahead!

Best,

Rasu