Where are guest names on iCal calendar?

Bonita5
Level 5
Victoria, Canada

Where are guest names on iCal calendar?

I have my Airbnb calendar synced with my iCal calendar so I can see all bookings at once.  It was awesome.

It showed the names of guests for my 3 apartments. My husband helps me and he could always see what guest was coming by their name on iCal calendar. Also my cleaners could see what guest I was talking about by their names on iCal.  Now only the Airbnb reservation number shows up , names are gone... this is really unhelpful for me, for my helper and for my cleaners.

PLEASE PUT IT BACK TO SHOWING GUESTS NAMES !!!!

99 Replies 99

Google iCal sync now shows just “Airbnb (bookingcode). As does Apple Cal. Airbnb is no longer syncing/generating reservations via iCal with all booking information. Name, number email.. etc..  Airbnb did an update to their iCal system almost exactly 12 hours ago that changed how their export iCal works and what is generated from the export. Why this was done is unknown to everyone. Including all the Airbnb staff everyone here has spoken with. 

I think you’re right. Many companies make updates to their systems (releases) on a Friday and it looks like in this case they made some changes to the iCalendar system on some servers  on Friday. Since it’s a weekend the support team has no clue and the tech team probably won’t realize it until they’re back in office sometime next week. Sigh....

Tanner0
Level 2
New York, NY

Having this issue as well

Yuki-and-Charlie0
Level 3
Canmore, Canada

Google iCal sync now shows just “Airbnb (bookingcode). As does Apple Cal. Airbnb is no longer syncing/generating reservations via iCal with all booking information. Name, number email.. etc..  Airbnb did an update to their iCal system almost exactly 12 hours ago that changed how their export iCal works and what is generated from the export. Why this was done is unknown to everyone. Including all the Airbnb staff everyone here has spoken with. 

Nicole_Joe0
Level 1
Hoboken, NJ

Please fix this ASAP!!

David-and-Kimberly1
Level 2
Florida, United States

I can also confirm this same issue.

Saskia34
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I raised a support case with Airbnb but their response was:-

‘Hi #####,

I have checked our end here however I am unable to help with regard to iCal. You may need to contact Apple as this is their server and we do not have any control with it.

I have checked their website and you can check if you may need to update to the latest software update that they have. Here is the link: https://www.apple.com/support/ical/index.html.

Saskia34
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Oh dear., the lates update on my support request. 

I would like to let you know that I will be out of the office for 2 days but if you have any questions I will make sure that I will answer them right away once I get back to the office. For immediate assistance you may reach us at 1-415-800-5959 or +1-855-424-7262. Thank you!“

i hope this gets sortef sooner sooner than that. 

You can ask them to download the iCalendar file themselves and see what’s inside it. It’s just a text file which can be opened via Notepad and mine is showing it’s doesn’t have any names or phone numbers of anything of the information that used to be there earlier. Maybe you could even even download it yourself using a browser like Chrome and send it to them so they can see for themselves what’s going on. Its very frustrating when the reps aren’t trained on their own tech and just respond using a script. 

Same issue here. I hate how they ask you to wait 2 days... why aren't they able to forward the issue to someone else on the support staff? Is this so difficult, especially for a business who uses responsiveness as a top factor in rating their hosts...

Lisa-and-Matt0
Level 2
Stafford, VA

Okay..now you can add me to the list as well.  I just hope we get a resolution quickly.  

Michael3012
Level 2
Taipei City, Taiwan

same issue.

Simply4
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

We are having the same issue.  Airbnb support does not seem to grasp the issue and has asked me to export and resync the ical file 4 times now.  They do not seem to understand that the needed information is not in the ical file any longer.  

Jeff432
Level 2
Washington, DC

I'm going to throw our name into the growing swell of disapproval.  Besides the importance of being able to see names in our calendar, we use an automated lock code generator/programmer which both generates codes based off phone numbers and then texts it to the incoming guest.

For the time being, I've changed how codes are generated (now off date instead of phone number) and will manually notify guests of their code.

We're fortunate that we only have one listing--I cant imagine how many other hosts in more complicated situations are handling it!

I'll be opening a trouble ticket with Airbnb, even if the response is the "It's not our problem".  I kind of expect soon somone will show up to work, realized their error they made, and quietly change it back.  And we'll all just breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Kurt-And-Sheila0
Level 2
Woodstock, GA

Following....Same issue.