Where are the towels?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Where are the towels?

I put several in each bathroom plus a stack in a linen closet. But get this question a lot. My rule of thumb is: one time a stupid question equals stupid guest, two times a stupid question equals stupid host. Are the towels better placed on each bed? Where do you leave them? Are instructions on where to find them in the welcome message an overkill? Now I am also worried that one of these people will report me for a missing amenity. And we all know that a house with no towels is for sure a party house. In all fairness to my guests, I am currently at an airbnb myself and just messaged the host on how to make it warmer. There is a giant instruction sheet taped right across from where I am seating. I have never seen a central heat boiler like this before so did not even think to look there. If you see a new post on this board with something like: heat instructions in visually impaired font are posted on the boiler but Superhost still asks how to make the place warmer. What to do?- you will know it is about yours truly

32 Replies 32
Miriam436
Level 2
Austin, TX

I put two on the towel bar folded in a way that indicates they're definitely clean. Extras are in a cabinet above the toilet along with toilet paper, hair dryer, first aid, and extra toiletries. I got a decal to put across the bottom of the cabinet door that says "Extra towels and other necessities". That way if people have to ask, at least they feel chagrined afterwards!

Devin-and-Sarah0
Level 3
Calgary, Canada

I would leave them on the bed. Its a nice touch for guests to walk into. If you want to go fully creative you can do origami for the towels if you know a guest is coming for a special occasion. Kinda like all-inclusive resorts do. Source: https://airbnbuniverse.com/airbnb-towels

Devin & Sarah, Superhost and Bloggers

Leaving towels on a bed harks back to old ‘lodger’ type stays  or maybe just making more work for the cleaner attempting to fashion a Swan out of a facecloth ..🌝…why spoil a lovely bed with items that belong in a washroom ?