Where can we propose feature requests?

Brian2
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

Is there a place to suggest or track new host-facing features? The host interface has been largely unchanged for years and the UX is becoming unbearable. For example, clicking on my Dashboard shows:

- The reviews I've received in reverse chronological order. I've received many reviews so this view has not changed for years which means it's not dashboard-worthy.

- Pending: You have no pending items! Really? It would be delightful if it provided a link to review my most recent guests which would align better with the emails the platform sends me on a near daily basis. Growth PMs please talk to Core Host Experience PMs! 

- Under Alerts, it notifies me that I should provide a physical mailing address (because sometimes they sends gifts!) Looking into my settings, I /have/ provided a mailing address but, yet, I still need to manually dismiss this alert ? Really? How many data scientists do you employ? 

Airbnb is hugely successful, I love them and I've been involved since the start but it's depressing to see the core UX languish while they focus on moonshot-type items.

Does anyone know if there's a place where we can post or view upcoming enhancements? 

Thank you!

13 Replies 13

@Brian2    Go to  Host Voice  you can propose ideas there or up vote ones already proposed.  It can also be found in the drop down list under the Discuss Tab on the Community Forum.

Hi,

@Brian2  I totally agree with you. There is a lot of small gaps here and there with room for improvements.

@Ange2 Host Voice according to your link unfortunately appears to be paused since april 2018.

It would be good to be able to easily supply simple suggestions for certain use cases in @Airbnb for both hosts and customers. Perhaps give Airbnb resources to curate a full stack feature team to handle the host community needs and implement those improvements from end to end as we go?

Best regards, Tobias

PS. @Airbnb The @mention tagging feature in this post is not fully functional as it appears in current state, as when trying to tag Brian and Ange above – it was not working so I tried some workarounds to get the tagging right. Not critical, but the small things count.

Also, I agree with Brian – Airbnb is awesome and rocks pretty well. You guys have made an awesome product and disrupted travelling as a concept for many. Keep up the good work!

@Tobias97   Looks like Airbnb have deleted it altogether.  I guess feedback would  be the only other way but not sure if it is checked with any regularity.

It seems to me that this feature of Airbnb has been disabled for a few years? Is that true? Looks like the last post there was in 2018 and when I try to create a new post, it just says that it's paused. How do we present Airbnb with end-user feedback? 

@Timothy420I see that as well, I made a post recently on the message board just titled with "suggestion" in hopes that it would get some visibility... but of course this is not an official process.

@Ange2Thank you sharing this link! Didn't know a proper feedback channel existed.

How does a guest make a suggestion to the website?

Brijhette0
Level 1
California, US

I've been wondering about this as well. I'd like to make a small UX feature request: that hosts be allowed to add multiple addresses with labels. This would be great for ads that have lots of moving parts, such as camping trips, where one picks up the car in a different place than one sets up camp. This feature request is borne out of a recent experience I had as a guest. 

Jeremy324
Level 2
Medellín, Colombia

It is terrible for guests too. I would not use AIRBNB but I am a permanent nomad so always use it. I have had so many horrible experiences because hosts get away with nonsense too. Searching and communication is important but many avoid answering directly and honestly and hide issues. I go by the motto "If not in pics it is probably bad."

I want to be able to save my search filter preferences. I want to be able to search for elevator as here in Latin America many don't have that.

While we are at it, why not have certain comfort amenities so I know if I am getting a place with a goose down comforter and pillow top mattress or a place with a cardboard mattress? I pay more for the comfort.  Other guests don't always comment on such things and some just want to be nice to terrible places. 

Then there is no listing for bed size, and photos can be deceiving. Here it is common to have twin beds instead of Queens. (I have not seen a King in years). I would like to be able to search by this. 

Airbnb is anyone listening? No! That's right. Airbnb is just waiting for someone to come into the space and do a better job and vanish.

@Airbnb - I couldn't agree more! There should be a way to filter based on bed types and sizes. Whenever I (and most others that I know) go on vacation, we always want a King bed in the master. But we have to search through literally hundreds of listings with tiny beds to find the 5-10% of properties that have a king. And a bed "type" filter would allow guests to weed out the couches, futons and air mattresses which most people dont really consider "beds" to begin with but lots of hosts try to squeeze as many people as possible. Seems like such a simple feature request to add but nowhere to submit it.

Scott1519
Level 1
Raleigh, NC

Hi Airbnb - Also a nomad here. I would love if it would be possible to add a filter for "outdoor space". Whether that be a balcony, terrace, etc. VRBO has an "outdoor space" checkbox and it is a very nice feature to have. Thanks!

Diana1614
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Why can't they add a simple filter to show bed sizes in search? We are a North American couple and don't want to waste time sifting through ads with single and full size beds... This should also encourage the hosts to provide adult aize beds that would fit all guests...

@Diana1614 - @Airbnb - I couldn't agree more! There should be a way to filter based on bed types and sizes. Whenever I (and most others that I know) go on vacation, we always want a King bed in the master. But we have to search through literally hundreds of listings with tiny beds to find the 5-10% of properties that have a king. And a bed "type" filter would allow guests to weed out the couches, futons and air mattresses which most people dont really consider "beds" to begin with but lots of hosts try to squeeze as many people as possible. Seems like such a simple feature request to add but nowhere to submit it.

Kelsey50
Level 3
Tampa, FL

Hosting
Brian2
Brian2 in San Francisco, CA
Level 1
‎26-10-2016 08:23 AM
Is there a place to suggest or track new host-facing features? The host interface has been largely unchanged for years and the UX is becoming unbearable. For example, clicking on my Dashboard shows:

- The reviews I've received in reverse chronological order. I've received many reviews so this view has not changed for years which means it's not dashboard-worthy.

- Pending: You have no pending items! Really? It would be delightful if it provided a link to review my most recent guests which would align better with the emails the platform sends me on a near daily basis. Growth PMs please talk to Core Host Experience PMs! 

- Under Alerts, it notifies me that I should provide a physical mailing address (because sometimes they sends gifts!) Looking into my settings, I /have/ provided a mailing address but, yet, I still need to manually dismiss this alert ? Really? How many data scientists do you employ? 

Airbnb is hugely successful, I love them and I've been involved since the start but it's depressing to see the core UX languish while they focus on moonshot-type items.

Does anyone know if there's a place where we can post or view upcoming enhancements? 

Thank you!

Add a tag
10 Replies
Ange2
Ange2
Level 10
‎26-10-2016 09:15 AM
@Brian2    Go to  Host Voice  you can propose ideas there or up vote ones already proposed.  It can also be found in the drop down list under the Discuss Tab on the Community Forum.

Tobias97
Tobias97 in Stockholm, Sweden
Level 1
‎15-07-2018 02:08 PM
Hi,

@Brian2  I totally agree with you. There is a lot of small gaps here and there with room for improvements.

@Ange2 Host Voice according to your link unfortunately appears to be paused since april 2018.

@Airbnb - There should be a way to filter based on bed types and sizes. Whenever I (and most others that I know) go on vacation, we always want a King bed in the master. But we have to search through literally hundreds of listings with tiny beds to find the 5-10% of properties that have a king. And a bed "type" filter would allow guests to weed out the couches, futons and air mattresses which most people dont really consider "beds" to begin with but lots of hosts try to squeeze as many people as possible. Seems like such a simple feature request to add but nowhere to submit it.