Where did my listing go?

Russel302
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Where did my listing go?

My listing used to be at the top of my profile page.  I'm guessing it was that way for all hosts.  Now I have to go through the "Next Steps For You" at the bottom of the today page like 'explore your settings'.  Those boxes always change so I'm afraid that I won't be able to get to my listing!  

Also my views and bookings have crashed harder that the stock market.  I had a great April, May has been so-so, and nothing for June!  I'm reading on other forums that the ' Summer Update' buggered searches and the way listing are presented.

Any insight would be appreciated!  Commiserating is allowed too 😭

8 Replies 8
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Russel302 

I am not sure what you mean by 

@Russel302 wrote:

My listing used to be at the top of my profile page.  I'm guessing it was that way for all hosts.  Now I have to go through the "Next Steps For You" at the bottom of the today page like 'explore your settings'.  Those boxes always change so I'm afraid that I won't be able to get to my listing!  

as I haven't noticed any change on the layout of my profile.

However, I have also noticed a sharp decline in my views, especially for my most popular room, which was doing great before this Summer Update. When I do searches, I noticed that that particular room has been pushed down in the search results and that I am not getting any bookings or enquiries for that room since the update. This is weird because that room was getting way more views than the other two before the update and has always been my most popular one.

I think this update is a bit of a shambles to be honest, but you can find many, many threads here on the CC already discussing why.

I don't know what happened, but I switched to travel to check that my listing shows up in search, when I switched back to hosting it didn't say 'profile' in the lower right, but back to 'menu'.  I think the app is messing with me!

Like I said, April was awesome, May so-so and nothing for June!  Views crashing harder that the stock market!  I'm seriously considering jumping ship to FF or VRBO!  

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Russel302 

The App doesn't show me profile on the lower right, just menu, from which you can access the profile. Perhaps Airbnb made changes to the App at some point recently? I don't know. They do it so often that I kind of don't pay that much notice anymore. I only use the App when I am out and about and not near my laptop or iPad. The App is so glitchy.

Also, I noticed that on both the App and the browser version, it tends to keep switching you back to guest view even when you have chosen to switch to hosting. Sometimes you have to do it over and over.

Anyway, it's the views (if they are indeed accurate, which I don't know if they are or not as there are so many other glitches) that should show you if guests are finding your listing that are more important RE this subject. You can see yours have nose dived since the launch, as have mine.

Re your bookings declining for May, the launch was only a couple of weeks ago, so if you normally get bookings a bit in advance and not just last minute, there might be some other explanation at least contributing.

I haven't found that the launch has affected bookings for the coming months yet, but can see the decline in views and, for one particular listing, no enquiries/bookings since the launch, so it may still affect me down the line.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

You can get to your listings on the app by tapping menu - then you'll see the listings at the top @Russel302.

Similarly, on the website you can see your listings from the "menu" dropdown at the top.

And ugh, deadsville.  Now that you're here, check out the many posts about the summer release and you'll find you're in great company.  I just did something that cheered me up - I looked at my views from Jan 1 to today and compared them to similar listings.  Mine are down from last year but it turns out they're still higher than my neighbors, so yay for that!  

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ann72,

Such the consummate optimist!

Always and forever @Debra300!  #bornthatway

Russel302
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

Thanks for all the replies!  I don't know how that app screwed that up, but it's back to normal now!

I was thinking that maybe it was just that it was after spring break and school hasn't let out yet, but my bookings are mostly adults either working or vacationing!  But I guess it's just a buggered app!

Old programmer joke: The definition of 'upgrade'- step 1 take old bugs out, step 2 put new bugs in...

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

the only thing to take comfort from is that the graph is heading the same way for ALL of us, so if we are all being equally effected by this, then it's not as harsh as what we think. This might drive guests to other platforms but I can promise you that BDC doesn't have the same aesthetic, people will be pretty frustrated over there too. 

I did set up one listing on BDC but can report it's really awful to use their interface and the forum seems to be full of people whinging about various things. I'll probably snooze the listing if abb fixes the issues here.