Where do I add check in details on my listing for booked guests such as door codes, parking, etc?

Krista18
Level 1
Asheville, NC

Where do I add check in details on my listing for booked guests such as door codes, parking, etc?

I send out an email to all of my guests with the check in details but over 50 percent call me and say how do I get in.  I'm not sure where on my listing to put the door codes, parking info, etc.

8 Replies 8
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

In my house manual, I say that door codes will be messaged to guests on check-in day. Then after the room is ready, I go to the message center use the saved message that is my house manual and change the verbiage.

For example, the house manual that they can see after the book says "The entry code to the door will be messaged to guests on check-in day using the AirBnB messaging system." but in my message that I change it to "The entry code to the door is 1234" and send it.

Since my listing does not include parking I put the name of the park contractor, location of the parking garage and approximate  cost of the on-site parking in my house manual. I also include a picture of the rate sign edited with text giving the date of the photo and the disclaimer 'subject to change'

I have had no complaints. I also put the codes in the message twice once at the very top as a summary and then once in the body of the house manual where I explain how to actually use the combination lock.

Elise28
Level 2
Draper, UT

I send an email the day before they arrive with the codes on how to get in, as well as all other information they will need.   I've not had any problems.  

Perhpas, it's just a matter of sending that information RIGHT BEFORE they arrive, so they don't have time to forget that you already told them!

Michele39
Level 10
New Orleans, LA

And after I email them, I message them through Airbnb and ask, did you receive my email?
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

I know of no where to put guest specific details like unique access codes etc that will be accessible by guests in the app (but it's a great idea)

I email them the information separately. Note if you use lockstate or one of the host assist certified locks an automated email with code/instructions is send
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

Agree as a host and guest on AirBNB, it would be helpful to have a place to add door code to be released same day as check-in, please

Is this still not an option?

Stacey76
Level 2
Dunedin, New Zealand

This option is now available on the App. I can't see a way to access the "check in instructions" via the usual website, but it is definitely there in the app.

This has been so frustrating to me.  My guests were getting old codes that did not match up to the code I sent them via message and I searched endlessly and fruitlessly to find a way to change the code in my listings.  ?!?! Why would they include this info on the app and not on the website.  I've gotten lower reviews on accessibility and communication because of this.  Thank you so much Stacey for finally giving me the in on how to do this through the app.  Now I will have happier guests.