Where do I find my 2017 earnings with Airbnb, need to print out 1099?

Where do I find my 2017 earnings with Airbnb, need to print out 1099?

Are the 1099 available for 2017?

6 Replies 6
Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

AirBnB only issues 1099 forms to those with over $20k income and 200+ reservations (not days stayed)...

"The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires US companies that process payments, including Airbnb, to report gross earnings for all US users who earn over $20,000 and have 200+ transactions in the calendar year. If you exceed both IRS thresholds in a calendar year, Airbnb will issue you a Form 1099-K."

You can find this in Payout Preferences if you get one...

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/414/should-i-expect-to-receive-a-tax-form-from-airbnb

Where to locate 1099 form 

Are you saying that there is no place on the Airbnb website that will tell us our earnings for 2017 if we made under $20,000. It would be nice if you just said that thank you

Mary167
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Still don't know how to find my 2017 1099 so I can file my taxes.  Last year I didn't earn enough to get a 1099 but I reported my income on my taxx return.  This year I'm over the limit but haven't been able to find my 1099 which supposedly is available to print out -- if anyone can tell me where to find it.

Mary167
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Just found the information.  I'm well over the income requirement, but how on earth am I supposed to have 200 reservations in a year?  I guess Airbnb doesn't want to bother with us small operators who don't own or manage multiple properties.   I thought Airbnb was created for us, but we seem to be becoming chopped liver.

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Compared to other booking sites, Airbnb has made it extraordinarily easy to report one's earnings - gross  (earned) income, as well as the service fees paid to ABB, and also Occupancy Taxes paid if they are collecting and remitting on your behalf (the last two are already deducted from the gross earnings - I checked carefully and did the math multiple times to be sure).

I, for one, am most grateful for this. It all can be found under 'Transaction History', then 'Gross Earnings' (to the right of 'Future Transactions'). Easy as pie. The other booking site I am on made it a virtual nightmare to try and get this information.

The reporting requirement is set by the IRS, not Airbnb.