Where do guests find directions - location - address?

Daniel33
Level 4
Basel, Switzerland

Where do guests find directions - location - address?

Something must have changed a while ago on how airbnb informs guests about how to get to the hosts address: Since about halv a year most of the guests send me a message asking me how to get here, although I've put a detailled description under locations -> Directions and helpful tips.

At least earlier guests received this information after booking, but now it must be hidden somewhere, where the common guest does not find it easily.  (The same happened to the calendar that earlier was visible in the right column, and now is hidden somewhere under the text and needs an additional click, also the colors have changed from red to green for occupied dates, alltogether I get many messages: is your room free then and then...)

This is already bad enough. But then, when I answer per email and attach the directions as a text-file, the attachement gets stripped and the guest again does not receive the information.

As there is absolutely no hope that airbnb makes a user-friendly website, my question is: Is there at least a link to my directions on my airbnb page that I can provide to guests after they booked?

thanks for hints!

9 Replies 9
Autumn4
Level 2
San José del Cabo, Mexico

I have the same problem with attaching maps. I usually have to ask them their direct email and then send it to them..

Julie160
Level 1
Bountiful, UT

I have a similar problem. I joined Airbnb a few years ago and entered in all the directions on getting to our house. Then, I moved and thought I had changed everything needed. But just today when I received an email from an upcoming reservation, the itinerary included my directions on getting to my old house in a different state. Ugh! I have been searching frantically on the website on where to change those directions and cannot find it anywhere! Please help!

@Julie160

At least you guest found the directions 🙂

You can correct your directions if you go to the discription of your listing: Go to "Manage Listings", then click "Calendar and More" of the corresponding listing, you calendar will be displayed. In the grey title bar all to the left click on the menu icon (the four lines), a sidebar opens, There click on "Location". Here you can "Edit Address", and if you scroll just a little down enter a detailed discription on how to get there under "Directions and helpful tips".

Hi Julie....I have tried that but when I go to location there is no "edit" showing up. My address is in grey but not complete and wrong.

Any suggestions? Thanks Kim

Allan184
Level 1
Kalapana, HI

I have the same problem!   My guests are not getting directions like they should.  

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

At what point does Airbnb provide guests with the address? Right after the reservation is confirmed? 24 hours before check-in?

I would like to know this answer as well.  There seem to be numerous popups on this site that suggest that you should not give the address until 24 hours before check in, but other areas of Airbnb seem to suggest 3 days as the proper amount of time.  I have an upcoming guest who is upset that we are not providing the address in advance, but we thought we were protecting the safety all guests by waiting until 24 hours before arrival. This guest says in the past 7 years, they always get the address when they confirm their reservation. This seems like a gray area and we want to do it right.  Can anyone help here?

I don’t know the exact answer.  As a guest I’ve gotten both ways.  Some hosts right before and some right when I’ve booked.  

As a host I have my address listed that I believe Airbnb sends the guest but no unit or door code.  

In my welcome message I explain that I will message them 24 hrs before with the exact address and door code.   I haven’t received any complaints this way. 

Sandra778
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

I don't understand why they don't just put it under  "Guidebooks".   It's very frustrating.   So I've had to put it under "Getting Around"   and the car rental info & discount code we offer is under  "book ahead of time".    This site is just not user friendly and needs some attention to the user experience.