Where do my guests find info I entered in "guest resources" section adn things like wifi passcode?

Where do my guests find info I entered in "guest resources" section adn things like wifi passcode?

Hi, I took the time to add detailed info in my listing but my guest has no idea how to find it and I can't see what he's seeing so also have no idea.  Wondering how they are able to see/access info I've included in the "Guest Resources" section (elevator code when they get there, etc etc) and also remember putting things in for registered guests ONLY such as wifi password, etc.  Does anyone know where I can tell guests to find this?  Should it all be included in the listing he sees after he has been accepted as a guest?  Please let me know...it's pretty difficult to find host answers on here easily.  Thanks for the help!!!

Josh

17 Replies 17
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

It should be found in their itinerary.  Always encourage your guests to print their itinerary and to give you their mobile number so that you can text if anything else fails.

During my last stay, the wifi materialized if by magic and I do not know how.  

Also - leave the wifi code in the lodgings together with your welcome note.

On many routers you will find the wifi code on a sticker at the back of the contraption.

hi 

how do you get to guest resources on the website?

i'm trying to edit my smartlock code.

thanks

james

Roy93
Level 3
Aberlour, United Kingdom

Hello there I’m just adding my similar question. I added via the app my check in instructions with photo etc.  and assumed that confirmed  guests would read it but every time just before they're are due to arrive they ask me what the check in details are. I did think Airbnb sent an email like the do with everything else but apparently not and I don’t know where  my guests can view this info. So I end up sending a message via the app with the written description of what to do which again takes time especially when I’m getting one night bookings most days just now. I can’t seen to find the guest itinerary well not via my phone app. Can anyone help guide me. Many thanks from Speyside Scotland 

Debbie396
Level 2
Pinckney, MI

How do I get into the check in for guest? I want to add instructions 

@Debbie396  If you are using a computer Go to Listing and scroll down the page to Guest Resources and click on Edit. If you want to add up to 3 pictures you need to use the phone app because the computer doesn't allow photos to the Chceck-in unstructions. Go to Listing scroll down to Guest Resources and Check-in instructions. There you can upload the photos in addtion to words. 

I include the Wifi in my house manual, written instructions on the fridge and welcome message with the lockbox code.

Hi Debbie, I don't have a "Guest Resources" option on my screen. Any ideas?

Milina0
Level 1
Nashville, TN

None of this "if you are using desktop" is helpful. I need my guests to EASILY find check in and wifi instructions, yet, some just dont see it. There are guests who see it right away. Could it be some guests arent tech savvy for Airbnb app to find guest resources? If so, Airbnb needs to make it easier. I have had stars knocked off because of this even though I added it in detail. This is Airbnb issue they need to figure out how to make guest resources easily accessible to people who arent the sharpest tools in the shed, I hate to say it like that, but I know some of my guests don't have trouble, some cant find anything! 

Shelley187
Level 1
Gainesville, FL

I have connected a Vista desktop to an ethernet port and I'm trying to get 3 XP computers running on WiFi.  Do I need to download software such as certian drivers?  Can anyone help me get the computer which is plugged into the Ethernet and/or the computers on WiFi working?

Katie229
Level 2
Marietta, GA

I found this thread when searching for the same answers as most of you. I am a Superhost and have always assumed my guests just 'miss' the information I provide because they don't really try. But my experience today as a guest on my own trip revealed a real issue with the Airbnb website!! I submitted feedback to Airbnb and will post that feedback here in order to 1) Help others navigate this issue and 2) Further encourage Airbnb to fix this issue to HELP US ALL, guests and hosts alike! 

My feedback to Airbnb was as follows:

A simple message from my host on an upcoming UK trip revealed a HUGE problem with the way your website provides guest’s with their itinerary!

My host sent me a message, "You also have the WiFi code now, under Guest Resources, so you can call me from the door, by What’s App." My attempt to locate the WiFi code in "Guest Resources" led me down the rabbit hole! (As a SuperHost myself, I am now horrified at the difficult time all of MY guests must have trying to find the information I provide for them!)

The information is hidden better than an Easter egg in an online game!

A variety of paths lead guests ALMOST to the itinerary, when they click on the green-lettered “Show trip details”. But the only information apparent on this page is a list of dates, a list of "Things to do in town" and two green-lettered buttons, "Get directions" and "Contact host". The HIDDEN option that actually gets you to the itinerary is to click on the un-boxed, non-highlighted, non-green-lettered "Your bed and breakfast reservation" which, at best, looks like it might send you to the original listing, if anywhere at all. 

The same limitations exist if you click on “Keep track of your plans”. You now have four green-lettered buttons, “Get directions”, “Contact host”, Check-in instructions”, and “Modify reservation”. The HIDDEN option that actually gets you to the itinerary remains at the top — the un-boxed, non-highlighted, non-green-lettered "Your bed and breakfast reservation". 

Further complicating things for the guest is your wildly inconsistent use of names for this information page, including “guest resources”, “itinerary”, “Show trip details”, and/or “Your reservation details”. 

And while you can reach the well-hidden itinerary by a variety of paths, the wildly inconsistent use of green-lettering and boxes to highlight clickable paths adds yet another layer of confusion.

Perhaps your attempts to optimize the up-sell on “Experiences” has caused or exacerbated this issue. But I strongly recommend you hire a few UX Designers with deep Airbnb experience to help guide you back to a simple, intuitive and seamless experience for your (AND MY) guests!!

Barry158
Level 3
Baltimore, MD

I am a superhost as well almost every one of my guest have the same issue.  They can't find the guest resource tab and I have no way to direct them!! Please advise!

I'm a guest, and I was having the same trouble, but I finally found it.

There is a "hidden link" - On the guest's itinerary, where it says something like "Your house reservation" and a photo of the listing. Clicking the "hidden link" will open up the "Your reservation details" page which contains the guest information the host entered. It's not obvious at all to me.

That's really helpful since I've been experiencing the same issue with some of my guests. Do you have a screen grab of a typical email by any chance?

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental
Steve1001
Level 1
Brownsburg, IN

And by the say, nowhere does it say "Guest Resources".