Where do you buy towels?

Mandy182
Level 1
Pottsboro, TX

Where do you buy towels?

Hey Airbnb Community,

Where are you finding the best deals on bulk towels? 

18 Replies 18
Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Mandy182: We usually wait for some good coupons + sales at Kohls.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I just did! 

Casita-By-The-Texas-Bay0
Level 10
Texas, United States

I love the towels from Sam's Club...I'm waiting for a sale to stock-up!

I was able to get a bag on Amazon 2 towels 4 hand towels 6 wash clothes I bought 2 packs and and two extra towels.

Well, there are a couple of websites I use for purchasing towels. And in them, Buyhotellinen.com is my favorite as it quality at reasonable rates. 

https://buyhotellinen.com/product-category/towels/premium-deluxe-towel/

Susan-and-Thomas0
Level 3
South Padre Island, TX

@Jenny1144  Thank you!  I am searching through that site now.  Do you have a favorite towel there? Has anyone tried any of the textiles, bath towels and sheets, from the simply supplies offered through Airbnb? It's intriguing to me, but the amount of bulk that has to be ordered, is way too much for me since I only have one listing. The towels, in particular,  have peaked my curiosity as it seems so hard to find reasonably priced towels that hold up, dry quickly and look ok.   Would love input on what you all have found to be the best towels and sheets to use.  

@Susan-and-Thomas0  I don't like how most towels look after a year of use, so I've started buying very expensive ones.  They don't look dingy and they don't get that thin feeling after many washings.  Sferra is my favorite brand; I love their sheets, too.  I know everybody else will say don't spend money, but if your listing is not a budget listing and is at the higher end of the scale, your guests will appreciate the good linens.

I would buy hotel sheets but they need to be ironed and I don't have access to a laundry service.

@Ann72 I stopped buying expensive towels because people just started stealing them, and staining them, like this was some sort of a Hotel where you throw the towels in your suitcase.

The other thing that people were doing, was they were staining brand new towels with their makeup. So i stopped buying white towels. Now I get towels wherever i can get them USED or NEW doesn't matter to me, and now I only use colored towels.

The way I see it is that this isint a SPA... SPAs are expensive.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susan-and-Thomas0  A friend who hosts, as well as a lot of others whose posts I've read over time swear by the towels from Costco- the white ones that come in packs of 10. The only reason I've never used them is that I don't use white.

I love Costco towels and sheets, I don't use white either, guests just stain them with their makeup and then complain that I didnt have more new ones for them to stain.

@Sarah977 Yes, I'm one of those hosts! They are great. I like them better than the towels from my hotel supply place. 

The-Old-Post-Office0
Level 2
Penzance, United Kingdom

Hey @Mandy182 

We provide hammam towels.  We first encountered them in holiday accommodation in Gozo.  At first we thought they were a bit strange.  However, we soon came to love them.  So we also only use them ourselves.  We cannot offer any recommendations on supplier as it is ages since we bought some.  There is a range of quality, but actually we seem to prefer the cheaper ones for personal use.  One of the best attributes that hammam towels have is that they dry so quickly.  

Andrew & Tamara

Andrew & Tamara at The Old Post Office Penzance UK

@The-Old-Post-Office0  I had a guest who had one of those. I had never seen one before and she had done some wash and it was hanging on the clothesline. I told her I really liked her shawl 🙂 Then she told me it was a Hammam towel. They are really attractive and soft. 

I looked them up online, and they seemed quite expensive, though. So I'm not sure how much what you refer to as the cheaper ones are.

My reservation in using them would be not only the cost, but that they aren't what people are used to and consider to be a towel and might be cause for complaint.

Sarah we bought ours online (eBay, Amazon).  About 3 years ago we bought about 18 towels at £6 GB (Pound).  And they're great.  We have seen them for £25+

We understand your reservation - we found them strange when introduced to us.  However, now we are converts to hammam towels.  We do make sure we give all our guests an explanation with the hope of converting them too 🙂 No complaints yet, but you never know...

After all isn't travel about finding new joys in life?

Andrew & Tamara at The Old Post Office Penzance UK