Where should Kleenex go?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Where should Kleenex go?

Guests often comment that I should provide Kleenex. Since some of my homes are bigger, if I put one in each bathroom, bedroom and kitchen, it is now $10 worth of Kleenex so I have been reluctant to do it. Is that where Kleenex is supposed to go or can I get away with putting a box in the kitchen?

16 Replies 16
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Inna22  I put a box in the bathroom. Period 🙂

Amy-and-Brian0
Level 10
Orlando, FL

@Inna22 We put a box in each bedroom and one in the TV area. We've found that the tissues in the bedrooms help alleviate...uh...stains in the linens if you know what I mean.

We don't have to replace them very often, once a month or so. It's a cheap item to offer and the benefit seems to outweigh the cost.

Roberta2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Inna22 

I leave 1 box in the bedroom.

I get a "savers " version at my local supermarket - much cheaper, same quality.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Inna22 I have never thought about it. I have two or three boxes just circulating in my bigger 2 bedroom unit. I find the boxes moved all the time as the guest will place them where they need them; sometimes on the bedroom nightstand, sometimes on the coffee table in front of the TV. I usually leave them where they are left. 

I think it is unreasonable to expect a box in every room.

Another thought: I am more apt to use a Kleenex to remove makeup, wipe contact solution from my eyes, or clean my computer, then I am to blow my nose. So I think it is important to provide a box of tissues in a living space.

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Kleenex (well, boxes of) aren't really a thing here, but I do leave a couple of pack of tissues in the bathroom. They cost £1/$1.20 for a pack of 15. 

72147.jpg

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I usually have a box in the bathroom and a box in the sleeping area (sleeps up to 4 people). Sometimes, if one of the boxes is a little low, I'll just move it to another area and add a new box.  People do move them around. 

Some people are light users, some people will use up a whole box in one weekend - I've never understood that. 

Daniela1586
Level 4
Del Rey Oaks, CA

I put one box in each bedroom and that is it.  

One am box of Kleenex on the nightstand next to the bed. No more than that and if they have the sniffles they should be buying their own Kleenex.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inna22  Never bought tissues in my life. Don't provide them for guests. Why can't they just use toilet paper?

That said, you indicate that you've had several of these comments, so I guess it would be a good idea to have them. Bathroom and maybe bedroom- not a kitchen item. You should be able to buy an off-brand in bulk for a lot less than that. Up your price by a dollar a day if necessary.

@Sarah977 it is a total waste. Plus if I put it in the kitchen, I am sure people will use it as napkins also. I have never personally owned a box either

Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@Inna22 Although tissue isn’t needed in many places in my own house, it is needed in an Airbnb. Every bedroom has a box of tissue on the nightstand and a garbage can beside it. It gets used a lot and I don’t want to imagine what the result would be without it. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Inna22 , bedroom, bathroom. Not kitchen, paper is too thin to be of use in kitchen.

Juan63
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

I'd place it in the most used room. In my case, it's the bathroom.