Where to find your Acceptance Rate & other AirBnb Plus metrics

Where to find your Acceptance Rate & other AirBnb Plus metrics

Hi -- I saw some people not sure where to find their acceptance rate metric. It's not on the hosting dashbaord, which is annoying, but here's how to find it. Being in an AirBnb Plus city (Austin) I wanted to see what my acceptance rate was.

After connecting with ABB support, they showed me how to access it. I'll try to describe it as clearly as I can, since it's kind of buried, but not that hard to find. I should also note that I'm NOT SURE if people who are in non-Plus cities see this same thing or not. So if, on your end, it's not where I describe and you're not currently in a Plus city, I'm guessing that's the reason...

1) From the main hosting dash (airbnb.com/hosting), click on the "Listings" tab up top.

2) Click on your listing (also clicking "Edit" will take you to the same page)

3) You should now be on the "Listing Details" tab

4) Scroll all the way down on the bottom of the page, and beneath where it says "Listing status" there's a new AirBnb Plus logo with a "Learn More" button. (see sccreenshot below)

Where the AirBnb Plus metrics can be foundWhere the AirBnb Plus metrics can be found

5) When you click on the "Learn More" box, it gives you a chart to look at your progress of becoming Plus eligible (see screenshot below). As you can see from my chart below, I have some work to do on my acceptance rate to become eligible 😞

Acceptance rate and other AirBnb Plus metricsAcceptance rate and other AirBnb Plus metrics

Putting my disagreements aside in terms of the 95% acceptance rate being a requirement, I hope this helps anyone looking for this number, since I don't think it really exists anywhere else. ABB support told me that although it says in that chart that "Eligibility requirements are measured over 30 days," the acceptance rate is actually measured on a 365-day basis and is adjusted day-by-day on an ongoing basis. What's not helpful about this is that it doesn't tell you WHEN your Declines happened, so you can't know when your accentence rate percentage will improve... I guess the best way to do that is to look through your Inbox and manually find where your declines were in the last 365-days (??)

Anyway... hope this helps. Figured I'd share so no one else has take the time to contact ABB with the same question.

Thanks!

27 Replies 27
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I'm not on Plus and use the desktop version to access my account. I have found that it is much easier to click on " Host" on the top right-hand bar to the left of my profile photo, which then gives me a drop-down menu of Dashboard, Inbox, Calendar, Progress, etc. Going through the Dashboard is more complicated than just clicking on the exact thing I want. Views, Earnings, Opportunities, and some others are found in Progress.

@Sarah970 -- for sure. And does doing that show you the Acceptance Rate percentage?

@Adam-and-Ike-0  No, actually it doesn't. And trying what you descibed above doesn't either- clicking on Learn More just takes me back to my listing and no options if I scroll down, so maybe just available for Plus?

@Sarah968 -- are you in a Plus city? It sounds like that option I described is only for those who are in those places for now, which is inconvenient for everyone else.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Adam-and-Ike-0, very helpful. I did what you said and I can add to your info that it has a blank spot if Plus is not available in the area.

I was interested to see my acceptance rate, but there's no Plus here (thankfully).

Thanks for checking that @Sandra126. That's very inconvenient for everyone who doesn't currently live in a handful of cities in the world. Sigh. Hoepfully, for those who do, this helps them find their Acceptance Rate metric clearer.

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Is that IB declines, or booking request declines ? My understanding was that IB you could decline without penalty. But then again not sure I aspire to plus 🙂

As someone a while back mentioned, if you have accidentally declined enough shifting the % will be almost impossible, and you will basically never be able to decline anybody, no matter how crazy.

Still, I guess hotels don't decline guests until they cause trouble after checkin ...

@Pete28 -- I'm pretty sure that an "IB decline" is actually a cancellation, and wouldn't be counted in the Acceptance Rate, but could impact your "Commitmnt Rate". That being said, there are penalty free cancellations with IB's, but I think they need to meet certain requirements. I actually had to do this the other day and remember there being a very straight forward Help article on that topic.

Actually having found it, it looks like that is IB declines, not request declines (I have declined a few requests due to animals etc) - but never declined an IB since I have a strong door between the unit and my home, and money is money 🙂

The avg score 4.8 is going to be another problem, since it is clearly going to be lower than the rolling 3 month 5* 80% or more.

I still want to know what happens if you go plus and one of these scores drops ? I assume it's goodbye plus and any plus bookings. 

@Pete28 -- I also asked that question about what happens to Plus bookings if a Plus listing loses it's Plus status AFTER the booking happens... AirBnb said: 

"Any existing reservations gathered as a Plus listing would remain under Plus expectations, policies, and Plus service for both you and your guests. You would simply not appear in Plus search results to gather new reservations under that title, until you're able to re-qualify."

I hate to propose it, but if either your avg score or acceptance are too low, it might be easier to simply start again and delete the listing and then re list.

Not sure that is Airbnb intent here, but it hurts the mind to figure out how long it would take say to go from 82% acceptance to 95%. I seem to be stuck at 4.7 forever, no idea how to shift it to 4.8. 

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

@Adam-and-Ike-0 Boy, am I glad you wrote this post today. I went hunting for the data you mention, and while doing so, saw that I had somehow been ousted out of the 'Work Category' due to not having Self Check-In - When I DO have self check-in and I have been in the new 'Work Category' since the new home page was rolled out 2/22/2018. How very odd! I was able to check the box again and add my self check-in instructions, but I had no notice from ABB about this and never would have known they had done this to my listing if you had not posted today, so thank you! 

As for finding the Acceptance rate data - For a few days after the new home page was rolled out, we non-Plus City hosts also had that Plus brand logo and could click into it but it said, 'Sorry, Plus is not in your city yet', or something to that affect. When I checked today, that logo is not there, and I do not see any way to find out my Acceptance rate. I do know that ABB's own policy states that we are able to decline requests and there is no mention of our being penalized for doing so. In fact, we are reassured that we always have the ability to choose who will stay in our homes (well, yeah, of course! I mean, it IS our home, and our primary asset, if we are home-owners, and our 'sacred space' if we are living in the home or on the same property as well). So I would think that declines should not count against you if the person wanting to book sent out a request but was obviously ill-suited to the home, like the one I had today, whereby the traveler wanted to bring 7 people to my 4-max occupancy rental. So, how this will all play out when it comes to 'Plus' hosts remains to be seen...

@Rebecca181, I do believe that we are penalized for the declines. A certain number of them (I think in a row? In a year?  but it's a lot, can't remember where I read this) gets you de-listed, and even small numbers makes you slip down the algorithm.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Adam-and-Ike-0

Thank you for this information. It is really helpful.

I am not a Plus host, but I am in a Plus city, and I can see the information following your instructions. It's also useful to see the overall rating in slightly more detail, e.g. 4.81 as opposed to just 4.8.

As I suspected, I don't make the grade. Overall rating and commitment are fine, but my acceptance rate is only 90% even though I have accepted so many bookings recently and I usually wait for unsuitable guests to cancel their request before I would hit the 'decline' button.

It's totally misleading for Airbnb to suggest that we won't be penalised for declining requests. As @Sandra126 says, it's not just about Plus eligability, but about your ranking in the search results. I have seen my listings slip down after I have had to decline a couple of requests.