Which amenities are most in-demand at your listing?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which amenities are most in-demand at your listing?

427259908 N1030347 smaller.jpg

Hi everyone, 

Having seen various discussions around the Community based on listing amenities recently, it got me thinking: which amenities are most in-demand at your listing?

I spotted this article on the Resource Center, which has suggestions on what guests are looking for at this time, but I’m sure your own experiences might be different. Are guests pining after a fire-pit, or desirous of a coffee-maker perhaps?

The article makes a good point that your specific amenities will likely set you up to for a particular type of traveller too - do you use your listed amenities to attract a certain type of guest?

It would be great to hear your feedback - which amenities are sought after in your listing?

66 Replies 66
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

1. free parking
  2. wifi

(not necessarily in this order )

@Branka-and-Silvia0

1. wifi

2. free parking

(exactely in this order)

We have a fibre cable for the internet inhouse for 3 weeks. 250 Mbit/sec. Wow. Netflix on 3 TVs is a piece of cake with this connection. All the kids love it.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Branka-and-Silvia0 @Ute42 - interesting. Do guests often enquire about the parking before booking, via messages perhaps? I guess this might be more in-demand due to the location of your listings too.

@Ute42 did you upgrade the internet connection to the super-fast one due to demand from guests? I'm guessing it also might mean that you can increase the price slightly 😊

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Wood fire

Bath

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

So interesting that they are such different amenities to others' here, but I guess this says a lot about why guests come to your place @Sandra126 - all about the relaxation I'm guessing? 😁  🛁.  🔥

knowing Daylesford, @Sandra126, I can imagine that both of these would make for a very cosy visit in the off season!

Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

My guests seem more intentional. If they are cooks, they are verifying that there is a blender, mixer, baking pans.  People who want to grill want to know about the propane tank (we supply one on the grill and a back up). They know there is wifi but they want to know the speed. Swimmers want to know if the pool is heated, depth, etc. Folks who are booking are staying in or close to the house  - so they are double checking amenities for accuracy/performance.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

It's fascinating that people enquire about baking items @Ann783 - I love to bake but had never thought to do it whilst away or staying at an Airbnb. I guess this is why people book an Airbnb over a hotel though, as it gives you that much more freedom 😊

When you say people are staying close to the house, do you mean that people book your place just to pop in and use the amenities whilst nearby - staying with family maybe?

@Katie - I meant that they are booking but not venturing out to restaurants, activities etc… mostly nesting at the cottage. We have a well stocked kitchen. I didn't realize how well stocked until a guest said she wanted to come by when my husband and I were at the cottage - because we clearly love to cook. Actually, he likes to cook and I like to eat.

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ahh gotcha @Ann783 - yes, I guess that makes sense with the knock-on effect of Covid.

Hahaha I do love to cook, but it sounds to me like you've got that that dynamic right way around! 😀

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

1/ My Fresh healthy breakfasts!!! 

2/ Central Location - just had another guest who loved having a Central Spoke in the wheel base to venture to & from to many of the places in my listing - photographs & Neighbourhood.

3/ Local knowledge

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I think we need a photo of the delicious sounding breakfast @Helen427! Is it standard for listings in your area to offer breakfast, or do travellers choose your listing because it's unusual?

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Katie 

For me are the following: 

Wifi

Workspace friendly

Air conditioning

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha I guess the air con is a necessity in Greece @Nick! 😅  Have you found that more guests are requesting the workspace recently, since COVID?