Which amenities are most in-demand at your listing?

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Which amenities are most in-demand at your listing?

427259908 N1030347 smaller.jpg

Hi everyone, 

Having seen various discussions around the Community based on listing amenities recently, it got me thinking: which amenities are most in-demand at your listing?

I spotted this article on the Resource Center, which has suggestions on what guests are looking for at this time, but I’m sure your own experiences might be different. Are guests pining after a fire-pit, or desirous of a coffee-maker perhaps?

The article makes a good point that your specific amenities will likely set you up to for a particular type of traveller too - do you use your listed amenities to attract a certain type of guest?

It would be great to hear your feedback - which amenities are sought after in your listing?

66 Replies 66
Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Jessica-and-Henry0 👏 👏 👏

Norna0
Level 2
Keith, United Kingdom

Hi we just opened in March😱. First guests in July! I have coffee maker - never been used!!  Fire pit has been used once!  One group did ask for a blender to make cocktails. I may supply a shaker to save having a blender pat tested!  We really want to put in a wood fired got tub. No one has asked for it - just feel it will enhance the experience. 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Congratulations @Norna0, it sounds like it's going well for you.

It sounds like fire pits can be quite desirable for some guests so it might be bringing guests in even if they aren't using it. I love the sound of the wood fired hot tub! You'll have to share how you get on as I'd love to hear 😊

Anna9170
Level 10
Lloret de Mar, Spain

@Katie  About the Internet many people will know if it is a fiber optic, ask to send measurements of speed.😎
About the language, yes, I absolutely agree with @Sarah977  .
When you read someone's list, even signatures to the photo you can understand about the host, about his style of communication.))
@Ann72  How cozy on your closed terrace!😍

Bronwyn38
Level 10
Wandandian, Australia

My very relaxed and welcoming pet friendly policy is a massive drawcard here. Despite living in an area where there are thousands of B and Bs, not that many are pet friendly, and of those, being described as 'pet friendly' does not always translate to what guests hope for. My place offers an acre of secure space for guests' dogs to run around and explore, and they love it!

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw @Bronwyn38 I bet you get to meet a lot of adorable doggos! Do you find this is the case even more so since Covid, when you've had more local guests? 🐶 

Ana22389
Level 3
Stanford, KY

Pet friendly seems to be a big draw for us.  We travel with our dogs and know just how difficult it is to find places to stay that are truly pet friendly.

Only rarely have we had to do any real extra cleaning (muddy weather) due to pets (we do not charge extra cleaning fee for pets), and one time had damage caused by a dog  being left unattended (against house rules, fortunately  they paid, with no argument). We have never had complaints about dog hair, odors, or allergies.

The only real added expense is that of the good sturdy fencing for the yard, and we wanted that for our own purposes anyway.

Vacuuming and mopping is going to happen regardless.  We ask guests to be with their pets at all times, inside and out, keep pets off the furniture, including the beds, and of course to clean up after and dispose of waste properly.

It seems to us that people who travel with pets understand how hard it is to find pet friendly accommodations and are willing to do what it takes to keep them pet friendly.